PROC21 Resource Center suspension
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Documentation menu:||Home •||Manuals •||Procedures •||Training •||Other •||Contact ►||For:||VO managers •||Administrators|
|Title||Resource Center suspension|
|Last modified||0.1 - 8 June 2016|
|Policy Group Acronym||OMB|
|Policy Group Name||Operations Management Board|
|Procedure Statement||The document describes the process of Resource Center suspension in EGI infrastructure|
The document describes the process of Resource Center suspension in EGI infrastructure. The aim of this procedure is to ensure that the all parties are notified about suspension and that record history is kept.
Please refer to the EGI Glossary for the definitions of the terms used in this procedure.
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", “MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
Entities involved in the procedure
- Resource Center Manager: person who is responsible for Resource Center.
- NGI Representative (NGI): person who is responsible for NGI Operations.
- EGI Operations / EGI CSIRT (EGI): person who decides and perform suspension at EGI Level
- VO Manager: person resposible for VO. Notified about Resource Center suspension.
Resource Center can be suspended by NGI or EGI in case of breaking Resource Centre Operational Level Agreement
- PROC01: Resource Center is failing EGI Infrastructure Oversight escalation procedure
- Level 3: NGI/ROC operations manager should make Resource Center responsive or suspend it
- Level 4: If no action was taken by NGI/ROC operations manager for 5 working days Operations send an mail to NGI/ROC operations manager with CC to site administrator, ROD and GGUS. If no response after 1 working day Operations performs Resource Center suspension.
- PROC04: Resource Center is underperforming (below the OLA target) for 3 consecutive months
- PROC16: Resource Center is failing Decommissioning of unsupported software procedure
- Follow up the migration: Resource Center which didn't provide information on migration plans can be suspended
- SEC01-05: Resource Center is failing SecurityIncident or Critical Security procedure
Notes for suspended sites
- suspended sites are not displayed in GGUS
- when a site gets suspended in GOC DB the "Notified site" field is flushed automatically in the corresponding tickets, and NGIs start managing them (processing or closing is up to them)
|1||NGI/EGI|| Decision about suspension
Notification is sent to Resource Center Manager and to NGI Representative – 3 working day on reaction
||If there is no reply from Resource Center Manager
VO supported on given site can be found via VAPOR, in the Resource Distribution Page
Notification should contain reason of the suspension and who conducted it.
|Alessandro Paolini||2016-06-08||Changed contact group -> Operations|
|Alessandro Paolini||2016-09-22||Changed the link showing the VO supported in the sites. The feature is now provided by VAPOR.|