Minutes-of-the-24-04-2014-dg-vt-meeting

From EGIWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Engagement overview Community requirements Community events Training EGI Webinars Documentations


EGI Virtual teams: Main Active Projects Closed Projects Guidelines

EGI DG VT minutes 24/04/214 13.00 CET


[1] Discussion on the 1-page promo materials:

Robert Lovas, Gergely Sipos


- only few feedback arrived yet

- please, send feedback until end of April

- Robert: we would like to get feedback from John Kewley, Tamas Kiss, too

- Tamas: the current version is fine for me

- John: condor can be considered as Local Desktop Grid

- Gergely: before finalising the 1page promo materials we have to update the IDGF website

- extension of the DG VT is necessary

- 1page promo should be distributed on EGI CF

- Robert: EGI DG VT should finish end of June

- Gergely: request the extension, update the DGVT output table

- Robert we will do it next week

- Kacsuk: encourages John to create a new working group for Condor

- John: he is not in charge of condor, only observing condor, focusing on BOINC

- Tamas: he started to organise a UK chapter under IDGF for LDGs, but not many feedbacks until now


[2] DG session on EGI CF

Robert Lovas

http://desktopgridfederation.org/programme20

https://indico.egi.eu/indico/sessionDisplay.py?sessionId=24&confId=1994#20140519

Discussion on the programme


- Robert introduced the proposed programme

- No ack from renderfarm.fi yet

- Jozsef: What about abstracts for the individual presentations? Robert will discuss this with Ad

- How to promote the session?: 

  - finalise the leaflet and website and circulate it

- Gergely: what is the timeline for the leaflet?

- Robert: hard deadline: 9th of May

- Robert: the 1page promo material should be finalised by 6th of May

- Gergely: 1page promo material will achieve bigger impact if the infrastructure integration is finished

- Jozsef: no chance to finish the integration by 9th of May

- Gergely/Tamas: Jozsef should disseminate "the aims of the IDGF OC" in other sessions

- Robert: Jozsef should contact Malgorzata to get time slot to talk about IDGF OC


[3] IDGF booth on EGI CF

Robert Lovas

Status of preparation for the booth

Discussion on how to improve our appearence


- Robert introduced the plans for the booth


[4] IDGF Website

Gergely Sipos / Robert Lovas

Representing the 6 Scenarios on the website


- Robert: we create an "EGI working group" where we can put EGI-related news/information/scenarios/etc.

- Gergely: good for EGI, but 5 scenarios are general, so not only for EGI users

- Robert: Non-EGI related scenarios will be targeted on a different website: crowdcomputing.eu

- Gergely will not going to distribute the leaflet unless the online support materials are available


[5] IDGF OC

Jozsef Kovacs

https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=NGI&id=963

Latest news


- Official ticket has been submitted to EGI

- OC management email list has been created

- Created, registered in GOCDB.

  https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=NGI&id=963

- Basic roles has been assigned

Jozsef Kovacs NGI Operations Deputy Manager

Jozsef Kovacs NGI Security Officer

Robert Lovas  NGI Operations Manager

Csaba Hajdu   Regional Staff (ROD)

- IDGF has been entered in the EGI Operations dashboard.

- Sites are currently being planned:

  + our proposed strategy is to have a site for each DesktopGrid server

  + site will be named after the BOINC project it covers

  + first sites: "SZDG", "EDGESatHOME"

- NAGIOS monitoring tool will be operated by the WIGNER research institute

  (the sames as the one operating Nagios for the Hungarian NGI)

- Ongoing discussion with EGI operations, Malgorzata on creating sites

==> NOTE: the IDGF OC cannot start operating until 

    an MOU is signed between the IDGF-SP project and EGI.

    The MoU is planned to be signed at the next EGI Community Forum

    Meanwhile, we can add sites but only with "local" scope.

AOB:

- the page https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Desktop_Grids_integration should be regularly updated with the

  progress of the infrastructure 

- https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/VT_Promoting_Desktop_Grids should contain the minutes of the meeting


SUMMARY by Gergely:

- Further feedback about the leaflet can be sent by the 30th of April to Robert. SZTAKI to update the

document based on the feedbacks, integrated version to be produced by the 6th of May. Fine tuning

until the 12th of May, including adding the content into the final layout (probably the IDGF official

letterhead). Gergely can send out the leaflet probably to all of the email lists that are mentioned

in the same document as contact channels for the target groups. Other ways of disctribution also

needs to be thought of, such as webinars, presentations at NIL, OMB, UCB or other regular

teleconferences organised by EGI.eu.


- The IDGF Operation Center will not be completed by the EGI CF. Technical integration is not

finished yet, and after it's finished an MoU needs to be signed between IDGF and EGI. The

distribution of the promotion material should wait until the integration of the IDGF OC is completed

and the MoU is signed, because this will bring much more attractive opportunities for the NGIs to use

DGs.


- A new, EGI-specific section of the IDGF website will be prepared (Robert) - planned by the 12th of

May. This will be linked from the leaflet, and will provide all the instructions that one needs from

EGI to implement any of the 6 use cases that we forsee relevant for those who will receive the

promotion material.


- Jozsef to identify an Operational session in the EGI CF programme and request a presentation

opportunity about the IDGF OC from the session convener.


- Jozsef to populate the existing wiki page about the DG-EGI operational integration with up-to-date

information. Link this page to the VT wiki page.