MAN09 Accounting data publishing
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Documentation menu:||Home •||Manuals •||Procedures •||Training •||Other •||Contact ►||For:||VO managers •||Administrators|
|Title||Accounting data publishing|
|Last modified||08th October 2019|
|Policy Group Acronym||OMB|
|Policy Group Name||Operations Management Board|
|Procedure Statement||This manual provides information on how to publish accounting information from different middlewares.|
|Owner||Owner of procedure|
In this manual we will show you how to publish accounting information from different middlewares.
Publishing with the APEL Client
To start sending accounting records:
- register 'gLite-APEL' endpoint in GOCDB with host DN information
- this is usually corresponding to the service endpoint where the APEL publisher is installed; in case you provide ARC-CEs, each of them need to be registered as gLite-APEL
- Changes in GOCDB can take up to 4 hours to make it to the message brokers.
- install the APEL client on your publisher host and edit client.cfg and sender.cfg
- install the APEL parser relevant to your batch system on each CE and edit parser.cfg
- documentation for APEL here: https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/EMI3APELClient
- If you are migrating from EMI2 see the 'Client Upgrade Plan'
- configure the client to publish data from the start of the current month.
- Run the parser(s) and client.
- If there are no errors messages and the client says it has sent messages then wait a day and you should see (old ling to remove?)
jobs appearing here http://goc-accounting.grid-support.ac.uk/apel/jobs2.html orsummaries here: http://goc-accounting.grid-support.ac.uk/apel/summaries2.html
- If it doesn't open a GGUS ticket for the APEL Team.
Monitoring the accounting data publication
In order to monitor the regular publication of accounting data, it is enough registering only one CE with the "APEL" service type
See here the details about the related nagios probes: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/APEL/Tests
Publishing summarized records or single ones
Sites can send either. Larger sites are preferred to send summaries.
The frequency for sending aggregated/summary records to Apel database?
We recommend sending data daily for all sites, whether sending summaries or individual records. I think this is in the interests of people who are using the portal so that what they see is accurate. The summaries are for a complete month or the current month so far.
Authorization and authentication
Authorization and authentication is made by the host certificate (which is signed by a trusted CA from the ca_policy_core package). Certificate should be registered in GOC DB. The certificate must not have the x509 extension: "Netscape Cert Type: SSL Server" because the message brokers will reject it.
See the NorduGrid ARC 6 documentation:
- Information relevant only for 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2 ARC releases: http://www.nordugrid.org/documents/arc6/tech/accounting/jura.html
- Information relevant only for 6.3 ARC releases and beyond: http://www.nordugrid.org/documents/arc6/tech/accounting/accounting-ng.html#accounting-ng-tech
The accounting system for the Globus Toolkit is called GridSAFE. There is an enhanced package provided by EGCF (formerly IGE). It is located in the EGCF repository for download/installation. There is a GridSAFE Service Reference Card as well.
The installation package contains information about how to parse your log-files to obtain the accounting information. Furthermore, there is a tool to create summary records in the APEL format which can be called using the ige-apel-client.sh script.
In order to publish your data to EGI, you need to install the APEL/SSM tool as well.
No additional requirements.
For QCG Accounting installation and configuration please check The QCG-Accounting agent
No additional requirements except: Services of each middlewere should be on separate machines.
|Alessandro Paolini||2019-10-08||added link to specific ARC 6 documentation|
|Alessandro Paolini||2019-09-13||updating the general information...|
|JC Gordon||17 Sept. 2014||Remove requirement to test APEL client|
|M. Krakowian||19 August 2014||Change contact group -> Operations support|