|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
Progress of SA1 issues
Nothing new to report.
SA1.1 Activity Management
- EGI Operations meeting, chaired and agenda preparation
- Federated cloud taskforce
- GGUS Advisory board, chairing, minutes preparation, contribution to the agenda with input, progress on GGUS
- meeting on reuse of operations tools for research infrastructures
- EduPert meeting for continuation of network troubleshooting activities in collaboration of NRENs and DANTE, discussion of strategy for perfsonar support in GGUS
- definition of GLUE 2 activity roadmap
- Developing GLUE2 cloud extension - in progress
- Discussion with security groups about an extended user emergency suspension policy, to be shared with WLCG
- Fedcloud testbed information system maintenance
- Follow up of a problem with StoRM frontend which may prevent the upgrade to EMI-2
- assessment of status of gLite 3.1/3.2 upgrade progress, followup in tickets, discussion of suspension policy in collaboration with COD
- assessment of readiness of EMI 1 probes for the start of the EMI 1 decommissioning campaign, coordination of start of campaign on 04 March. Development of probes for the entire EMI 1 stack in time for the start of the campaign was impossible due to a number of issues with version publishing in BDII. The number of services currently monitored is still incomplete.
- review of GGUS ticket workflows for middleware support in case of unresponsiveness in preparation to the the end of EMI and IGE
- discussion of GGUS service levels as proposal to PTs after EMI/IGE
- discussion of calendar for the start of the enforcement of the policy of private data retention
- discussion of next steps for MPI monitoring in nagios
- assessment of comments to business logic of probe for automated monitoring of userDN publishing
- call of input of UCB to the agenda of Cf13
2-week report as D Kelsey was on leave last week
- SVG - monthly meeting held
- CSIRT monthly team meeting held
- SVG - 4 advisories issued following new software releases
- SVG - 1 new vulnerability reported, affected small number of sites ( Software not in UMD). Provider fixed and contacted sites using their software. IRTF sees this as sufficient therefore closed without SVG advisory to all sites.
- Presentation at OMB on Central CSIRT user banning/emergency suspension
- SSC-NGI - supporting and preparing for first NGI run
- Another local root vulnerability has been investigated, but not found to be a major problem for our infrastructure - it does not affect RHEL5/6-type of distributions.
- Finalised CSIRT plans for 2013 - and presented them at OMB
- Work on posters and talk for EGI CF
- Planning for training at ISGC 2013
- First draft of compromised certificate handling procedure produced
SA1.3 Staged rollout
Preparation of staged rollout of WN tarball. Definition of WN tarball support policy and future support in GGUS.
Preparation of EGI/EUDAT/PRACE pilot1, 2 and 4 meetings
SA1.4 Central tools
- New release of GGUS deployed (https://operations-portal.egi.eu/broadcast/archive/id/879)
- Preparation & participation in JRA1 meeting (all teams)
- EMI-1 probes:
- turned all tests to CRITICAL on Saturday March 2nd
- campaign officially started on Monday March 4th
- added ARC-CE probe
- discussion & improvement of DPM probe
- call broadcasted to sites to add VOMS and ARGUS to GOCDB/Site-BDII
- discussion about the new userDN probe continued, Accounting portal will prepare API by the end of the week
No report received
- Prepared slides for the Feb GGUS AB.
- Feb GGUS AB meeting
- Ticket monitoring
- GGUS February release.
- Further work on MS710 MS710.
- constitution of WG dedicated to the analysis of EMI probes in preparation to SAM update 21, the WG is chaired by COD
- followup of new sites with new EMI-1 alarms for software retirement
- follow up of RPI, sites to be suspended, top BDII A/R, Unknowns
SA1.8 Availability and core services
Fixing infrastructure (in particular WMS for job submission) to support the Nagios instance "midmon" in preparation to the EMI 1 decommissioning campaign
Nothing new to report.
- e-Infrastructure Concertation meeting: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceTimeTable.py?confId=1217#20130306. Bruexelles, March 06-07
- EUDAT user forum meeting, London, March 2013
- OSG all hands meeting, USA, March 2013
- IGTF2013, Taipei, March 2013