|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
Progress of SA1 issues
A new issue was identified affecting SA1 activities in PQ11: https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=4981
A survey conducted in September 2012 indicated that a small percentage of NGIs improved its funding structure, as requested to compensate for the end of EC financial support to national operational activities in April 2014. Mitigation. The impact of the current funding position of NGI operational activities will be assessed in a new survey in February and the outcome will be reported in the annual assessment of the NGI international tasks due in PQ12. In addition, a new survey was opened in PQ11 to collect expressions of interest of NGIs in federating their operational services with other partner NGIs. EGI.eu will support NGIs interested in this service provisioning model with its coordination function during PY4
- D4.8 Annual Report on the EGI Production Infrastructure. Document is being drafted.
SA1.1 Activity Management
- Contributions to WLCG GDB meeting: one presentation on the status of the middleware retirement process (gLite) and one presentation on status and evolution of the EGI Global tasks
- FedSM face to face meeting: discussion of application of service management processes and requirements to various operations services. Status of these will be assessed at the beginning of March to understand the areas that need quality improvement. Discussion of CF2013 workshop agenda.
- EGI/EUDAT/PRACE pilot2 meeting with discussion of one VPH use case and one from VERCE for joint usage of EGI-EUDAT-PRACE infrastructures. VPH activities are very promising and are benefiting from the support of BIOMED.
- EGI/EUDAT/PRACE pilot1 meeting
- EGI/EUDAT/PRACE pilot4 meeting on service discovery
- ops VO management
- Reviewed abstract for CF 2013
- Contributed to CF 2013 timetable definition
- Follow up with non-responsive NGIs: Russia
- Review of MS710
- A number of reviewers were appointed for upcoming milestones and deliverables
- Status assessment of readiness of infrastructure for start of the EMI 1 decommissioning campaign
- Editing of QR11 and collection of metrics
- Discussion of MoU with OSG
- additional improvements to Pakiti and its recent bugfix release
- No new vulnerabilities reported in tracker, but one in Red Hat linux under discussion by CSIRT as to its criticality
- Updated Software Vulnerability Issue handling procedure. The original plan was to update due to end of EMI/IGE however most of the approved doc is agnostic to whether the 'provider' is EMI or IGE or development teams. However, contact details still need to be maintained/updated and some process details/templates will need modification. Suggested a maintained software contacts list for EGI, not just for SVG, which I can help maintain.
- SVG will release some advisories on 19th Feb, as new UMD-1 and UMD-2 versions are available which fix several vulnerabilities.
- Planning for 2013
- Planning for monthly CSIRT team meeting
SA1.3 Staged rollout
- Release of the UMD 1.10.0 with a total of 5 products UMD 1.10.0
- Preparation for the coming EMI-3 releases
- EGI ENVRI collaboration wiki space created
- Discussion of progress in helpdesk and accounting integration activities with PRACE
- Start of PRACE testing activities of GOCDB
- Planning of technical meeting on SAM testing by EUDAT for CF2013
SA1.4 Central tools
- started development of UserDN probe to ensure the automatic checking of UserDN publication
- helped COD with assessment of EMI-1 probes
- discussion around a number of new GOCDB service types
- EMI 3 APEL client testing continues.
- Cloud Accounting - preparation for Cloudscape V demo and Community Forum demo; information sent to cloud resource providers for updating to SSM v2 and using new Cloud Accounting record for the Community Forum demo. The current Cloud Accounting database and web pages will be used for Cloudscape V demo.
- Storage Accounting - SSM2 information update sent out for StAR testing, successful testing by DPM and dCache clients.
- Met with Application Accounting developer to discuss next steps for Application Accounting integration with Accounting repo.
- Issue of lack of UserDN information in records published is close to final resolution
- Core refactoring and security work
- Fixed US OSG views
- Fixed reptier2 for Brazil federation.
- New endpoint for UserDN publication SAM probe
- Updated links section
- review of status of software release dashboard in GGUS. Details in RT ticket.
- discussion of agenda items for Feb GGUS AB meeting: review of R/W access to tickets in technology helpdesk and assessment of GGUS features/SUs/worksflows that will be affected by the end of EMI and IGE, so that all the changes necessary will be prepared in GGUS before April 2013
- Monitoring tickets.
- Implementing changes for next GGUS release
- Testing implemented changes in Report Generator
- Uploaded draft of MS710 MS710 after internal revision.
- working group on nagios probes activities
- preparation COD phone conf
- preparation COD OMB presentation
- ticket and dashboard handling
- unsupported middleware activity followup
No particular issues to report.
|DMSU tickets flow Feb 10-17|
|back to tpm||1|
|reassigned to 3rd level||7|
|open DMSU tickets status|
|waiting for reply||5|
Coordinator currently on leave from GARR. No replacement appointed. Progress in discussion of future support activities in collaboration with DANTE and the NRENs.
SA1.8 Availability and core services
- FInalized QR11 report
- Final A/R reports for January 2013 published
- Handling of Dteam VO related requests
- Regional_Operator_on_Duty - ROD wiki page rearranged and new materials added
- e-Infrastructure Concertation meeting: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceTimeTable.py?confId=1217#20130306. Bruexelles, March 06-07
- EUDAT user forum meeting, London, March 2013
- OSG all hands meeting, USA, March 2013
- IGTF2013, Taipei, March 2013