|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
Progress of SA1 issues
Nothing new to report
- MS421: waiting for external reviews to be submitted. Feedback expected on Wed 12/09.
- D4.6 new ToC decided, chapters under editing
SA1.1 Activity Management
Meetings: f2f JRA1 meeting in Karlsruhe, ENVRI meeting (Edimburgh), Federated Cloud Task Force
- Preparing the information system workshop agenda for the Technical Forum
- review of GLUE 2 EGI profile, discussion of software version publication with WLCG
- assessment of desktop infrastructures being run in production
- assessment of the status of the Federated Cloud information system
- Chaired EGI Operations Meeting and agenda preparation
- Preparation of the AAI workshop in collaboration with SA2.5
- Final tuning of the middleware track and operations track for the TF2012
- Follow up of the currently monitored vulnerabilities
- Follow up of one issue with the accounting system for sites with hybrid middleware (gLite-ARC)
- Run SSC6, security drill using VO-CMS resources, including EGI, WLCG and OSG sites.
- Prepare for TF 2012 (CSIRT meeting and security training)
- SVG - discussion of a new vulnerability
SA1.3 Staged rollout
- Staged rollout status presented at the Ops meeting.
- Fast preparation and provisioning of UMD2.1.1 containing bug fix of https://ggus.eu/tech/ticket_show.php?ticket=84509
- Release almost ready for announcement: UMD-2:UMD-2.1.1
- Manual monitoring of the info system for the WMS and CEs
- Staged rollout reports done are now showed in:
- Useful to get the metrics for the Quarterly Reports.
- Globus integration task force meeting:
- agenda: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1152 (uploaded minutes)
- updated action points on wiki page.
- UNICORE integration task force meeting:
- agenda: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1151
- updated action points on wiki page.
SA1.4 Central tools
- By the end of Tuesday 13 NGIs have deployed SAM Update-17. There were few issues reported:
- Added three new sites for user services to EGI.eu:
- Preparing survey for deployment of regionalized tool instances.
- Agreed to accept Globus tests into Operations Portal starting from October 1st 2012.
- Agreed on final version FedCloud monitoring before the TF demo (https://test30.egi.cesga.es/nagios/):
- Accounting probe should raise error in case when accounting is missing completely, stale records should return OK
- Waiting for new version of OpenStack-compatible OCCI probe for OpenStack based RPs
- Deployed test consumers and databases for XML versions of CAR and StAR.
- Participated in unicore and globus interoperations meetings.
- Reinvigorated testing of SSM publishing from Italy, SGAS (SWITCH and Finland), and MAPPER.
- SWITCH publishing their SGAS to APEL has highlighted an issue with sites publishing by multiple routes. One site runs and ARC CE published via SGAS and a CREAM CE published via apel client. Solution will appear but need a temporary workaround.
Kickoff of GGUS advisory group
- COD phone conf
- Ticket handling
- preparations for TF12
I have further proceeded in the IPv6 testing of DPM server and already published a first part of the outcome on the report section of the wiki on
I also have started installing and configuring both WMS server and LFC file catalogue
I just started as well to test CREAM CE and report on IPv6TestReportGliteCreamCE
There are no particular issues to report on the normal DMSU workload.
|DMSU tickets flow Sept 2-8|
|back to tpm||1|
|reassigned to 3rd level||5|
|open DMSU tickets status|
|waiting for reply||10|
No news yet on the TPM-DMSU merge. Unfortunately, preparation of EGI TF organization takes considerable amount of time in these weeks.
SA1.8 Availability and core services
- Reviewed comments received for EGI OLA
- Published the EGI Availability and Reliability Reports for August 2012
- review of site certification procedure to meet requirements from UNICORE and GLOBUS
- review of draft procedure for site renaming
- extension of MAN01 for publication of GLUE 2 information into site BDII (work in progress)
- review of VO registration procedure, taking into account EGI CSIRT input
EUDAT conference, October 2012, Barcelona