|EGI Inspire Main page|
Back to the AMB wiki home page
- News Items/Articles
- Sorting submitted sessions, workshops, training sessions and tutorials into CF timetable
- Working on design for CF Book of Abstracts
- Working on changes to the "Why EGI?" document
- Initial design ideas for the EGI Solutions materials portfolio
- ENVRI webinar on Federated Cloud rescheduled
- MS248 assigned a reviewer, waiting in moderator
- Added How to ask for resources page to website
NA2.5 Technical outreach
- Finalise and publish Engagement Strategy: https://documents.egi.eu/document/2079
- EGI Engagement Strategy scoping phase:
- Support for DIRAC service at EGI (Ricardo Graciani)
- Support for Life Sciences topic: NGS/Protein Folding (Afonso Duarte)
- Review EGI Engagement Strategy document
- Preparation of CF workshops
- Environmental science on grids and clouds (submitted)
- Astro science on grids and clouds (waiting for input from astro partners)
- EGU abstract
- Preparation for project meeting (April 8-10, Trieste)
- Review of potential events to reach new communities
- Workflow bundle meeting with Taverna
- Refactoring tutorials section for ER-flow website
- WP5 monthly skype teleconference
- Nagios and VAPOR monitoring for shiwa-workflow.eu VO
- EGI CVMSF current status and possible use by ER-flow
- Service portfolio (ongoing)
- Services monitoring EGI internal 2nd meeting (Malgorzata)
- ST-weekly meeting
Major Events Planned
- (Nuno) 2nd LifeWatch Operational/Working Meeting, 3-4.02.2014, Granada
- (Gergely) BioVeL Strategy Workshop, 12-14.02.2014, Finland
- (Gergely) ER-flow project meeting, 8-10.04.2014, Trieste
- New AuthN mechanism, based on . AppDB now supports both EGI SSO and x509 certificates.
- Modification to the vmcaster dashboard portal  in order to support x509 certificates as well.
- A patch for the vmcaster  command line tool so that the user to be able to use his x509 certificate for submitting image list to AppDB (EGI SSO has been kept as an alternative).
- Integration with the operations portal for getting the VO related information (membership + roles(s) within a VO) for the AppDB users.
- Integration with the gocdb in order to get the Resource Providers related information.
- Changes on the people profiles for presenting person's VO related information (membership and roles with the VO(s)). For example, see .
- Changes to the VO details dialog for the same purpose as above. Example: .
- Finalize the Scientific Discipline API based on the specs defined at . See ticket .
- In cooperation with Owen Synge we have submit an abstract for the Community Forum 2014.
Title: Federated Cloud image lifecycle management
Category: Training session
- Start AuthZ related developments. Mainly needed for implementing privacy/security for the Virtual Appliance Marketplace extension.
- Performance improvements
- Discussion with the champion team managers regarding the possibility to use CRM to track champions activity
- Champions team managers are expected to send a requirement document so that we can actually check what is feasible within the effort and project timeframe.
TSA4.1 - Management
TSA4.2 - MOOC
- Final assignments are flooding in, up to about 25 now. - Had some problems with the MOOC platform over the weekend. Has been fixed Monday morning. - Gathering information for final report.
TSA4.3 - Liferay
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
- implemented linking and actions
- released a number of beta versions, iterating towards RC1 & stable 4.2
- first beta is available, started local deployment and compat. testing
- started working on installation & configuration docs
ToDo for next week
- finish basic tests and move on to interoperability testing
- in parallel, continue working on the rOCCI framework
- Still approx. one month (== Florian's contribution), no further delay
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF
TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds
no report given
TSA4.7 - AppDeployment
- Testing of contextualization features at FedCloud infrastructure - Review documentation of contextualization features - Review mini-project documentation - Preparation of cloud-init packages - Started implementation for launching VMs from the frontend
Plans for next week:
- Continue the front-end implementation - Testing with local users
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities
- A number of basic OS images are now available including CloudInit. It needs to be verified whether contextualization also works in OpenStack using its metadata service based approach.
- During the FedCloud F2F we had the opportunity to talk to Martin Wynne, who provides the BNCweb use case. We now understand the use case and its goals much better. Specifically, it is now clear which of the components need to be scalable.
Plans for next week
- Check contextualization of basic images
- Document BNCweb use case in light of new information. Propose scalable architecture. The DB as as service that we once started will be part of the solution.
Problems we encountered, but can solve in the mini-project:
Problems and issues we need external help with:
TSA4.9 - VAPOR
TSA4.10 - CompReports
TSA4.12 - AllocateFedRes
no report given
Report: Inspire jra1 2014-01-21