EGI-InSPIRE:Amb 2013-10-29

From EGIWiki
(Redirected from Inspire amb 2013-10-29)
Jump to: navigation, search
EGI Inspire Main page



Back to the AMB wiki home page

Activity Reports

NA1

  • Progress on Milestones & Deliverables

Preparations for the QR14 - template circulated, metrics being collected
D4.9 Delivered
MS243 Delivered
MS801 Reviews completed 29 Oct
QA on all outstanding MS and Ds completed.

  • Major work done during the past week by task

Handover notes for Champions, NILs and Webinars progressed and presented.

TNA1.1 Activity management

  • Changes to activity plan to reflect management changes, central budget updates to be finalised
  • Change in NA2 and SA1 work package leaders proposed, PMB feedback needed
  • PO notified of change to Project Director, LEAR being updated

TNA1.2 Project and consortium management

  • Payment schedule for PQ11 and PY3 closing costs prepared and sent to PO for approval
  • Budget for 2014 approved at Council meeting on 24 October, pro forma invoices to be issued
  • Effort allocations to be verified for PY5
  • Offers accepted for Graphic Designer and Outreach Intern
  • Applications closed for Business Development Expert, Technical Outreach Expert and Senior Ops Officer, shortlisting in progress

TNA1.4 Quality assurance

  • QR14 materials and metrics being gathered for 8 November
  • Project level metrics to be related to the human networks impact

NA2

NA2.2

  1. News Items/Articles
  2. Media mentions
  3. Events
    • Materials shipped to SC'13
    • Materials shipped to ICT2013
  4. Human Networks
    • Discussion with GS and PS to define the "Technology Champions"
    • Working through information on NILs from RMcL for full handover
  5. Deliverables/Milestones
    • Working on NA2.2 contribution to MS128 (QR14)
  6. Other
  7. Other Projects
    • Planning future activity for dissemination effort in ENVRI project
    • e-ScienceTalk Dissemination guide was described as "what a useful and practical guide! It is full of tips and pieces of advice on #dissemination. Thanks for sharing"

NA2.3

Major work done during the past week by task

  • Progress on MoU with Helix Nebula presented at the EB and accepted
  • Attended call on AAI and H2020
  • Updated draft on service management plan for EGI.eu (part of FitSM implementation)
  • Planned for ICT2013&e-IRG participatoin

Major Events Attended

  • (Sergio), EGI Council, 24 October 2013, Amsterdam

Major Events Planned

  • (Sy) FedSM 1st Project Review, 29-30 Oct 2013, Bruxelles
  • (Sergio) e-IRG Workshop, 4-5 Nov 2013, Vilnius
  • (Sergio) ICT2013, 6-8 Nov 2013, Vilnius
  • (Sergio, Sy, Carmela), EGI workshop, 4-6 Dec 2013, Amsterdam
  • (Carmela?) CoPoRi Workshop, 4 Dec 2013, Brussels
  • (Sergio?) Helix Nebula F2F Meeting: Suppliers & Users, 4 Dec 2013, Brussels

Technical Outreach to New Communities

UCST

EGI-InSPIRE 2.5

CMMST VT

  • invite ScalaLife (KTH) to contribute
  • invite resercher from STFC (UK) to contribute

CTA Technology study VT: Telelconference. Outcomes:

  • MoU to be signed with SCI-BUS about technology integration between WS-PGRADE and InSilicoLab
  • Topic of VT closing document has been agreed (Gergely to prepare the draft)
  • Invitation sent to CTA to present at the EGI Horizon2020 workshop

ELIXIR VT: Teleconference with ELIXIR director and representatives of CSC and CESNET. Outcomes:

  • Final outcome of the VT will be human network and set of recommendations for EGI
  • Recommednations for EGI has been discussed (Gergely to describe the first draft, then iterate on it with ELIXIR, CSC, CESNET, then publish)

Review MS801 - Report on SA4 mini-projects

Finalise and send out NIL survey (planning for EGI-InSPIRE PY4-5 & H2020)

EUDAT User Forum (Gergely, Monday-Wednesday)

Setup wiki page and email list for new VT "Promoting Desktop Grids"

Support for Globusonline user (REF: https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=98416)

Federated Cloud:

  • Meeting with NIL_IL & deputy: interest to participate as a RP and to push for prospective use cases
  • VERCE: wiki use case (draft under review)

BioVeL

Dissemination:

R environment:

  • Assess status/capabilities/usability of R implementations recorded in AppDB

Ecological Niche Modelling:

  • Manage an ENM Play day to stress implementation and usability issues
  • Map ENM dependencies; WF run tests (underway)

ER-flow

  • WP5 ER-flow skype meeting
  • Investigate and identify VRE FP7 projects as outreach target

AppDB (28/10/2013)

  • fixed minor bugs related to the faceted search and to canonical urls.
  • start designing a dedicated API/UI in order the scientific classification to be used by external services (i.e. XSEDE)
  • Certificate issue has been solved. A certificate, issued by SEE-GRID CA for the appdb.egi.eu host, will be used for signing the image lists. The cert has been tested and is compatible with the vmcatcher
  • The Glue Schema has been reviewed and comments sent to Salvatore. The produced image list has been enriched with: MarketPlaceID (ad:mpuri); Recommended Cores (ad:core_recommended); Recommended Ram (ad:ram_recommended); 'Installed software' and 'AccessInfo' are still considered as a subject for discussion, A sample image list could be inspected at [1] and from a user prospective the metadata can be viewed at [2] (click on 'show more' at the bottom of each vm for more details).
  • patch regarding the egiappdb protocol has been applied to the vmcaster [3]
  • xml & json representation of the metadata is available per image (see [2] xml|json section, or directly go to [4] or [5])
  • After an audio conf we had with Owen it came up that the image list identifier should be unique per registered Virtual Appliance. This fact cause a significant impact to the workflow and thus many changes had to be made. The developments are ready and the documentation will follow in the next couple of days.

Next steps:

  1. . A few minor bugs or glitches will be addressed
  2. . finalize the new version of the documentation (ready in a couple of days)
  3. . proceed with the alpha testing phase. IMHO, Owen should be involved, but of course that depends on his availability.
  4. . after step 2 is finalized, we could proceed with the beta testing phase and invite a community to play with vmca*er & AppDB (if i am not mistaken, Salvatore mentioned that INFN could be a candidate for this)
  5. . In parallel, our team will start deal with per VA permissions, thus user will be able to assign specific permissions to the registered people. (the current situation is: everyone that is listed as a contact point to a given VA, has write/edit permissions to the VA and its

versions metadata. Admins, Managers have full control to everything, NGI representatives full control to every VA associated to their country)


[1]. https://vmcaster.appdb-dev.marie.hellasgrid.gr/store/software/egi.appliance.1/image.list

[2]. https://appdb-dev.marie.hellasgrid.gr/store/software/egi.appliance.1/vaversion/latest

[3]. https://github.com/hepix-virtualisation/vmcaster/commit/6b98b9b3930c11a737d502a6710d290a6de731e9

[4]. https://appdb-dev.marie.hellasgrid.gr/store/vm/image/c8416208-873f-4817-adf9-a534095c645d:268/xml

[5]. https://appdb-dev.marie.hellasgrid.gr/store/vm/image/c8416208-873f-4817-adf9-a534095c645d:268/json

[6]. https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=6245

CRM (28/10/2013)

Implementation (in the testing instance) of a new functionality to redirect users, by clicking on plots on the Home Page, to the relevant collection of CRM records with incomplete information. This feature will allow users to easily identify and access incomplete records. Functions are being developed to interoperate with CRM pre-build AJAX procedures and CRM forms.


TMP (29/10/2013)

Social media monitoring has been implemented - its included in the Google Analytics so the EGI team can monitor it directly from the EGI GA account.

We are currently upgrading the base Drupal system from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7, as support for Drupal 6 ends shortly. Most of the technical work has been completed and we are in the process of testing. We expect testing to continue this week and we should be upgrading the live site next week.

SA1

report: Inspire_sa1_2013-10-29

SA2

SA2.1

  • Chaired SA2 weekly call
  • Produced UMD 2.7.1 RC

SA2.2

  • Finalized QCv6
  • Updated verification guideline
  • Updated testing wiki for the QC
  • Created repo with sample tests for the QC

SA2.3

  • EMI3 CREAM-CE 1.16.2 (SL5/SL6) RT #6177 #6186. Verified
  • EMI3 blah 1.20.3 (SL5/SL6) RT #6187 #6188. Verified
  • EMI3 canl 2.1.4 (SL5/SL6) RT #6173 #6174. Verified
  • EMI3 gfal-lcg_util (SL5/SL6) RT #6258 #6259. In verification

includes missing i686 packages.

  • EMI3 UI 3.0.3 (SL5/SL6) RT #6207 #6208. In verification
  • EMI3 gridsite 2.1.3 (SL5/SL6) #6015 #6016. In verification. It

requires new gridsite i686/i386 package to work correctly.

  • EMI3 WN 3.0.1 (SL5/SL6) RT #6205 #6206. In verification, issue with

dcap library (i686 + x86_64) provided with dCache PPA

(contribution to SA2.6) Created and modified new image for NS3 use case. Updated CESGA image list to include new VM golden copies. http://cloud.cesga.es/files/image.list

SA4

Summary

  • The rOCCI team is working on QA in preparation for the production release of the FedCloud infrastructure.
  • The CLoudCapabilities team is encountering a recurrent situation which has been predicted in the EGI Platform roadmap where software/technology providers are disjunct from the platform providers (i.e. those bundling VM images together). This relationship needs to be clearer described and strengthened in the EGI community.
  • VAPOR is progressing well, and started implementing SE management and reporting features to detect SEs that are filling up.
  • The federated allocation team continues integrating their service with the Ops Portal as well as the common EGI AAI.
TSA4.1 - Management
  • compiled weekly reports
  • MS 801 now finished external review, which generated a list of actions to the task leaders and shepherds
TSA4.2 - MOOC

bi-weekly reporting

TSA4.3 - Liferay

bi-weekly reporting

TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
rOCCI framework
  • extended test coverage to improve QA on rOCCI-core (continuous, right now focusing on Occi::Parser coverage)
rOCCI-server
  • working on a reference backend, towards the first alpha version
  • implemented custom renderers for text/occi, application/occi+json and application/occi+xml
ToDo for next week
  • continue working on rOCCI-server backends
  • in parallel, continue extending test coverage on rOCCI framework, primarily rOCCI-core
Problems
  • None
Delays
  • Still approx. one month (== Florian's contribution), no further delay
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF

bi-weekly reporting

TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds

no report given

TSA4.7 - AppDeployment
Progress:
  • Creation of base images for computational chemistry applications
  • Continue with the frontend development.
Plans for next week:
  • Development of frontend
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities
Progress:
  • Contacted Martin Wynne to discuss details about data handling in the image and application. He is not the developer of the application and the installation instructions were unavailable last week. They are available again now and we will have to see whether this reveals anything about how data handling can be done better.
  • Trying to reduce WeNMR VCing image w/o knowing intimate details about the application. We're still lacking feedback for that actual use case #2. It may have been abandoned by the respective people, as they do not answer to any questions, even within WeNMR. We will stop working on this particular use case until further action is required from the user community.
  • Evaluated PeachNote image, which is running Windows and may cause some headaches for several reasons. Evaluation and problems have been documented in our Wiki.
  • Discussions among CESNET and SZTAKI regarding desktop grid use case.
Plans for next week
  • CESNET have created an updated version of the BioVel image, for which we're still expecting feedback from the user community.
Problems we encountered, but can solve in the mini-project:
  • Let's call this more of an observation: we have had discussions with multiple user communities now, most of which are using applications they have not developed by themselves. We found it to be a recurring pattern that detailed questions about applications provided in a use case's VM image cannot easily be answered by providers of the image. Therefore, we need to ensure to not only have contacts of the user communities, but also of developers of the applications wherever possible.
Problems and issues we need external help with:

None

TSA4.9 - VAPOR
Progress:
  • Overall review of the consistency in terms of GUI, styles etc. of the features related to Resource status indicators and statistical reports.
  • Fixing of few minor issues
  • Deployment of a virtual machine with SL64 and EMI3 UI planned to host monitoring services of VAPOR.
  • Developments: VO Data Management features:
    • Started customization and integration of a tool used to scan storage elements filling up.
    • On-going discussion on the use of GFAL2 python and GFAL FS, together with GFAL2 team and VAPOR's partner CNRS Creatis.
    • Start development of SE consistency checking (dark data, lost files) using the GFAL2 API.
Plans for next period
  • Continue the developments of VO Data Management features.
  • Continue deployment of the virtual machine dedicated to host monitoring services of VAPOR.
TSA4.10 - CompReports

bi-weekly reporting

TSA4.12 - AllocateFedRes

Report for 25 Oct 2013

JRA1

Report: Inspire_jra1_2013-10-29

Participants

Discussion