- Status: active
- Start Date: 29/05/2014
- End Date: -
- EGI.eu contact: Diego Scardaci / email@example.com
- External contact: Mark Stillwell / firstname.lastname@example.org
The principal investigator, Mark Stillwell, researcsh and teachs on issues in distributed computing, particularly cloud and grid computing. He would like to evaluate the EGI Federated Cloud and use it to organise hands-on training for students.
Later on he would be interested in looking at virtualized GPU resources. He is joining a research project called HARNESS (http://www.harness-project.eu/), which looks at automatically adapting computational programs to take advantage of heterogeneous resources that are available on the cloud.
Use case 1: hands-on training for students with the EGI Federated Cloud.
Use case 2: study resource allocation and scheduling algorithms for federated cloud systems.
- 16 VM
- Number of CPU cores: 1 core
- RAM requirements per CPU core: 2 GB
- Storage requirements (non persistent): 20 GB per VM
- Operating System - Ubuntu 14.04