|Overview||For users||For resource providers||Infrastructure status||Site-specific configuration||Architecture|
|Federated Cloud Communities menu:||Home •||Production use cases •||Under development use cases •||Closed use cases •||High level tools use cases|
- Status: Production
- Start Date: 2013
- End Date: In production from 09/11/2014
- Cloud sites: BIFI, CESNET-MetaCloud, PRISMA-INFN-BARI
- Virtual Organisation: biomed
- EGI.eu contact: Nuno Ferreira / firstname.lastname@example.org
- External contact: Giacinto Donvito / email@example.com, Alex Hardisty / HardistyAR@cardiff.ac.uk
BioVeL is a virtual e-laboratory that supports research on biodiversity issues using large amounts of data from cross-disciplinary sources. BioVeL offers the possibility to use computerised "workflows" (series of data analysis steps) to process data, be that from one's own research and/or from existing sources. BioVeL is funded through the European Community 7th Framework Programme and is free and available to use via the Internet.
The BioVeL Portal is a browser-based interface that contains everything necessary to run your workflow without you having to install anything on your own computer. The main features of the BioVeL Portal include:
- Uploading your own workflows or workflows you have obtained from, for example myExperiment.
- Browse the main features of the workflows
- Running workflows
- Viewing results
- Downloading and saving results locally.
You can find an instance of the BioVeL Portal here.
Deploy the Biovel Portal on the EGI Federated Cloud.
- 1 virtual machine with 4 cores and 4GB of RAM