EGI Galaxy is an 'as a Service' environment based on Galaxy, offering a browser-based for data intensive biomedical research. The EGI Galaxy is a multi-user service and can scale to multiple servers based on the EGI cloud service.
EGI Galaxy provides the well-known Galaxy interface without the need for users to install or configure any software and with the following added features:
- Integration with EGI Check-in for authentication, login with any EduGAIN, RI AAI (e.g. ELIXIR) or social accounts (e.g. Google, Facebook)
- Runs on EGI e-Infrastructure so can easily scale to run the most demanding workflows.
We offer different service modes depending on your needs:
- Individual users can use the centrally operated service from EGI. Users, after lightweight approval, can login, and use Galaxy features. Storage and compute capacity is provided by the access.egi.eu Virtual Organisation. Request access via EGI marketplace
- User communities can have their customised Galaxy service instance. EGI offers consultancy and support, as well as can operate the setup. Contact email@example.com to make an arrangement. A community specific setup allows the community to
- use the community's own Virtual Organisation (i.e. federated compute and storage sites)
- have fine grained control on who can access the instance (based on the information available to the EGI Check-in AAI service).
As an alternative, you can manage your own Galaxy cluster with EC3 on EGI resources following the Galaxy workflows with EC3 guide.
The EGI setup is based in the following components:
- Docker compose for defining and running multi-container Docker application
- Apache HTTPD for reverse proxy with authentication using EGI Check-in
- bgruening/galaxy-stable Docker image to provide the basic Galaxy deployment.
The github repo contains detailed configuration information on the existing setup at EGI resources.
We are looking into: