EGI Core activities:2013-bidding GOCDB
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
Go back to the Core EGI activity list.
- Service name: GOCDB
- Service category: Operations
- Service type: Coordination, operation and maintenance
GOCDB is part of the EGI Core Infrastructure Platform, which supports the daily operations of EGI.
EGI relies on a central registry (GOCDB) to record information about different entities such as the Operations Centres, the Resource Centres, service endpoints and the contact information and roles of people responsible for operations at different levels. GOCDB is a source of information for many other operational tools, such as the broadcast tool, the Aggregated Topology Provider, the Accounting Portal, etc.
The GOCDB front-end is hosted by a Virtual Machine providing Enterprise RedHat OS, Apache2 webserver, PHP5, and nagios/ganglia monitoring components for in-house production monitoring. This service includes the following components.
This activity is responsible for the coordination of the system operation and upgrade activities with those partners that are in charge of operating other systems that depend on it.
Support through the EGI helpdesk to users of GOCDB and to the operators of other depending systems.
Support hours: eight hours a day (for example 9-17 CE(S)T), Monday to Friday – excluding public holidays of the hosting organization.
- Daily running of the system
- Provisioning of a high availability configuration
- A test infrastructure to verify interoperability and the impact of software upgrades on depending systems
This activity includes:
- core refactoring, bug fixing, proactive maintenance, improvement of the system
- coordination of software maintenance activities with other technology providers that provide software for the EGI Core Infrastructure or remote systems deployed by integrated and peer infrastructures that interoperate with the central EGI components of the system.
- requirements gathering
Service level targets
- Minimum availability/reliability: 99%/99%
- Response to incident records in GGUS within support hours: Medium (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/FAQ_GGUS-PT-QoS-Levels#Medium_service)