|EGI Inspire Main page|
Back to the AMB wiki home page
- News Items/Articles
- Wrote contribution to PY5 DoW
Major work done during the past week by task
- Reviewed and circulated minutes from DANTE meeting
- Reviewed change management process for scientific discipline classification
- Published blog post about service management
- Contributed track description to EGI CF 14 and contributed to PC
- Contributed description of work for DoW PY5, contacted partners to to check availability to participate and evaluated funding
- Attended and prepared meeting to report on "EGI towards H2020" workshop, analysed final results from survey
Major Events Attended
Major Events Planned
- H2020 workshop outcomes teleconference
- DCC mailing list was setup
- Gathering contacts for the DCC mailing list
- 2nd reminder to some of the members was sent
- still waiting 6 individual responses with a contacts (out of 23)
- Table of contents for the tutorials section.
- Investigating 10 EC projects: no relevant activities in scientific workflows have been found.
TSA4.1 - Management
- weekly report collection
TSA4.2 - MOOC
- New round of videos has been put online - Working on VM for p-grade - Working on final week slide deck - Recorded & edited videos for next week & part of week after (data management & pilot jobs) - Created quiz and exercises - Experiencing some problems with parametric jobs in combination with the tutor VO. Trying to figure out what is causing the problem but so far have not found anything.
TSA4.3 - Liferay
INFN finished work SZTAKI finished work CESNET works on evaluation of the new version 6.2 of Liferay
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
- partially completed dynamic linking features
- continuously adding docs and unit tests for implemented features
ToDo for next week
- finish dynamic linking features (storagelinks & networkinterfaces
for running VMs)
- in parallel, continue working on the rOCCI framework
- Still approx. one month (== Florian's contribution), no further delay
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF
- VOMS extension usage on STOXY (STOX-34) -- a longer discussion on mailing list, but no summary. It would be great if AAI leads (Björn?) could summarise the view of Fecloud on this. - Juelich instance was setup and basic tests were performed. - Setup demo instance for testing (STOX-27) -- KTH is reinstalling cloud with Openstack, so created demo instance was destroyed :) Fortunately, saltstack script for deployment is almost finished, so once KTH OS is on, I'll redeploy it. - EUDAT CDMI API discussion (STOX-30) -- unclear yet, f2f meeting in January.
Plans for the next period:
- Finish OpenStack support (STOX-31). - Current directory tree is 'dirty', includes more than CDMI components (e.g. server configuration settings, etc). Reviewing ACLs (STOX-33) - EUDAT API, comments on CDMI frontend (STOX-30) - Demo instance? At least on AWS on OS is delayed (STOX-27) - Interact and followup with Björn on peachnote case. - Add list of deployments to wiki.
Problems we encounter, but can solve:
- 1.5 month delay caused by effort rescheduling
Problems and issues we need external help with:
TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds
no report given
TSA4.7 - AppDeployment
- fixing bugs found when testing frontend with local phenomenology users - implementation of unit tests for the service
Plans for next week:
- document contextualization features - document service deployment - continue testing
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities
- BioVeL: Discussing pros and cons of CDMI as a replacement for (T)FTP. Their sync scripts are fairly simple and easy to "port" to CDMI through the use of curl/wget ... using CDMI metadata-related capabilities might help. The question is: Outside of FedCloud, are there any major cloud providers commercial or academic that provide CDMI endpoints to users? Would this change be advantageous for the OM project globally or just within the FC environment?
- Received a new architecture diagram from PeachNote that helped us better understand how the image we received fits into the whole picture of the use case.
- Requested ports to be opened up in firewall for PeachNote instances to call external services.
Plans for next week
- Deal with some small tasks that have been lying around for a while, like triggering the test of our basic image in WNoDeS, StratusLab and Synefo.
- Also, there's still a blog post pending about keeping images small from within. That needs to be posted.
Problems we encountered, but can solve in the mini-project:
Problems and issues we need external help with:
TSA4.9 - VAPOR
TSA4.10 - CompReports
[WebAPI] Completed: Problem in daily delivery of results to MongoDB [WebAPI] Completed: Use Gorilla web framework to handle request to the PI [Ops] Completed: Bug in the daily calculations [Ops] Fixed: Negative values in November results [Ops] Fixed: Missing dates for some sites in November results [Ops] Completed: Compute A/R for September & October [Ops] Completed: November results [Management] Completed: 5th Meeting of the Requirements Gathering Task Force
[Sync] In progress: Add license text to all code artifacts [Sync] In progress: Bug causing missing dates for some sites in November results [CompEng] In progress: Support the use of custom factors in the Availability Profiles [CompEng] In progress: Support the use of Availability Profiles in the computations [CompEng] In progress: Investigate the compute requirements for A/R [WebAPI] In progress: Add license text to all code artifacts [WebUI] In progress: Web page to compare the results between CERN and us at any time [Ops] In progress: Automation of the packaging [Ops] In progress: Packaging of the WebAPI [Ops] In progress: Installation of Lavoisier on ~okeanos [Ops] In progress: Enable invalidation of caches via the programmatic interface [Ops] In progress: Automate the execution of the A/R computations
Plans for next sprint
[Sync] Add license text to all code artifacts [Sync] Bug causing missing dates for some sites in November results [CompEng] Support the use of custom factors in the Availability Profiles [CompEng] Support the use of Availability Profiles in the computations [CompEng] Investigate the compute requirements for A/R [WebAPI] Add license text to all code artifacts [WebUI] Web page to compare the results between CERN and us at any time [Ops] Automation of the packaging [Ops] Packaging of the WebAPI [Ops] Installation of Lavoisier on ~okeanos [Ops] Enable invalidation of caches via the programmatic interface [Ops] Automate the execution of the A/R computations [Management] Distribute recommendation from the Requirements Gathering Task Force
Problems we encountered, but can solve:
Problems and issues we need external help with
TSA4.12 - AllocateFedRes
Work achieved last two weeks
- Adding notifications
- Pool definition alignment with changes SLA structure
- Concluding design for version 2
Work planned for next two weeks
- Christmas/New Year break
Progress against the goals in the project plan
- Implemetation phase on version 2 in progress
Issues that the virtual team leader needs help with
Report: Inspire jra1 2013-12-17