|EGI-Engage project:||Main page||WP1(NA1)||WP3(JRA1)||WP5(SA1)||PMB||Deliverables and Milestones||Quality Plan||Risk Plan||Data Plan|
|WP2(NA2)||WP4(JRA2)||WP6(SA2)||AMB||Software and services||Metrics||Project Office||Procedures|
Help and support: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page is providng rules regarding organization, communication and recording of work within EGI-Engage project.
Project communication and outputs
All output produced by staff active within EGI-Engage (funded and unfunded effort) must be recorded so that it can be reported by the project.
The following rules must be used:
- Meetings run by EGI-Engage:
The meetings must be recorded in the EGI Indico server and all presentations and material provided for the meeting, including any minutes, must be attached to the appropriate agenda page.
- Presentations and posters:
Presentations and/or posters presented at other meetings attended by EGI-Engage staff must be recorded in the EGI Document Repository and EGI-Engage templates must be used. A link to the meeting and a summary of the outcome should be recorded in the ‘notes’ section of the document. A dedicated EGI-Engage tag is available to qualify documents, milestones, papers, presentations and other documentation relevant to the project.
- Mailing list:
As the majority of the communication within the project will be electronic having a coherent record of that work is essential. All mailing lists must use the EGI.eu based mailing lists which allow groups defined within the single sign on to be linked to mailing lists, access to wiki space, document access, etc. If needed mailing list related to EGI-engage project should start with egi-engage-
Mailing lists to be used within EGI-Engage project:
- email@example.com: EGI-Engage project office
- firstname.lastname@example.org: SSO based. Collaboration Board
- email@example.com: SSO based. For discussion of project administration and financial aspects
- firstname.lastname@example.org: SSO based. Project Management Board (to be populated)
- email@example.com: SSO based. Activity Management Board members - composed of WP leaders.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: SSO based. Includes all members of the project including people registered to EGI-Engage-related mailing lists
- For work packages: SSO based
- Dedicated Task mailing lists can be found on WP wiki pages - WP leader is responsible to decide how many and which one mailing lists are necessary to run efficiently the workpackage.
- Requirement and actions gathering
Requirements and actions gathering should be performed through EGI RT system
All data deriving from surveys created and circulated by the project should be exported in (one of xls/csv/ods) format and provided to the quality manager for deposit and providing following information:
- WP number
- Title of the survey
- Purpose of the survey and target group, Deliverable, Milestones where outcome has been used (if applicable)
- Period when the survey was published and closed
www.egi.eu is the main website for the project. A dedicated set of project pages is being prepared. It is used mainly for all ‘official’ ‘static’ content. http://www.egi.eu/about/egi-engage/
The wiki wiki.egi.eu should be used for all dynamic content being maintained or developed within each project activity. EGI-Engage Project main wiki page: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/EGI-Engage:Main_Page
- description of the project
- work packages dedicated pages (tasks, contacts, deliverables, milestones) Please do not change structure of the page.
- milestones and deliverables
- quality plan
Other third party websites or wikis should not be used to host EGI-Engage related material in order that the egi.eu domain becomes the definitive source of project information. Individual services supported by EGI.eu will have their own hostname in the egi.eu domain.
All EGI-Engage templates can be found under http://www.egi.eu/about/logo_templates/index.html
Proper acknowledgement statements should be used for EGI-Engage outputs unless the output already uses one of the recognised project templates, where appropriate acknowledgements are already included.
Software and Services quality
Quality of services produced within EGI-Engage project will be ensured by the adoption of the EGI Services management standard FitSM, a international standard developed by the FedSM project.
Instruction for Tools teams can be found under Instructions Tools teams
The software produced within the project will follow the well established Software provisioning process that has been adopted since 2010, based on the definition of quality criteria, quality verification and software validation in a controlled production environment of the federated EGI infrastructure.
The development activities within the project will augment capabilities of existing open source software. The resulting software code, tools and interfaces developed as part of EGI-Engage will be released as open source code and the full access will be provided via publicly available source code repositories such as GitHub, SourceForge, Subversion (SVN), Concurrent Version System (CVS) etc. Software developers will be able to choose their preferred source code repository to better integrate with existing practices, nevertheless they will need to
- ensure that the contribution is openly accessible,
- add the metadata information needed to enable reuse,
- communicate the URL to the consortium.
All tools availabe for EGI-Engage to be used are listed under EGI Collaboration tools
All documents, presentations and other material that form an official output of the project (not just milestones and deliverables) are placed in the document repository to provide a managed central location for all material.
All documents will be written in English and use document formats described in the following section. In addition to the fields and sections already described in the document template, deliverables must include an Executive Summary and, if required, one or more Annexes. References to external document and a Glossary to terms not listed on the website must be recorded. The correct capitalisation of the project name is EGI-Engage. English date format must be used (DD/MM/YYYY) when required.
All output from the project (paper or presentation) must include the phrase: EGI-Engage is co-funded by the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme of the European Union under grant number 654142
unless the output is using one of the recognised project templates where appropriate acknowledgements are already included.
Formats and tools
The following tools and formats will be recognised within the project:
- Word Processing: ‘Word Format’ allowing its use on MS Office on Windows/Mac and OpenOffice on Linux
- Spreadsheet: ‘Excel Format’ allowing the use of MS Office on Windows/Mac.
- Presentation: ‘Powerpoint Format’ allowing the use of MS Office on Windows/Mac.
Final version of all formal documents (milestones and deliverables) must be available in PDF format.
Document naming convention
Filenames must use the following format in order to link any item back to other versions placed in the document repository. The filename format is:
|DOCUMENT IDENTIFIER||The document identifier is dependent on the document type. If the document is:
|VERSION||This is the version number generated by the document repository for the particular repository identifier.
- Document titles
The title of documents uploaded to document repository must be in the following format:
<DOCUMENT IDENTIFIER> Title (from the first page of the document)
Example: M3.1 User Support Contacts
The first page of the document (along with the header and footer) contains metadata that needs to be reviewed and completed:
- Title: This must be the title of the milestone or deliverable as described in the Description of Work.
- Deliverable/Milestone code: e.g. D1.1 or M1.1. Delete if not required.
- Document identifier: With a correctly formulated filename (see ‘Naming Convention’) this field can be updated in MS Word by highlighting, right clicking and selecting ‘Update Field’.
- Date: This field records the last date the document was saved and can be updated in MS Word by highlighting, right clicking and selecting ‘Update Field’.
- Activity: Enter the work package name (WP1, WP2, etc.) that is producing this document.
- Lead Partner: Enter the recognised shortname within the EGI-Engage project of the lead partner.
- Document Status: This will move through the following states for milestones and deliverables:
- TOC (Table of Contents)
- AMB/PMB Review
- Document Link: The URL in the EGI document repository that provides access to the document.
- Abstract: An abstract describing the document’s contents and main conclusions. On submission of the final version this should be entered into the relevant field in the repository metadata.
The document title must be repeated into the header and before submitting a new version to the document repository the date and filename fields in the header must be updated.
When creating the entry in the document repository there are a number of compulsory metadata fields that need to be completed. These should be copied from the document metadata where duplicated:
- Notes and changes
- Media type
- Submitter: Select the person submitting the document.
- Authors: Select the people involved in writing significant portions of the document.
- View: Select the groups able to view the document. Documents that are drafts may be restricted to the groups within the project that are working on the document. Documents that are complete must be marked public unless they are marked for distribution just inside the project.
- Modify: The ‘office’ group must me marked as able to modify the document.
- Topics: Select the topics relevant for the material. These will generally include ‘EGI-Engage’, committee/board that the material is coming from
- Any inout from EGI-Engage would minimally have the topics ‘EGI-Engage’
- There are also documents that are generated within the community that go beyond the scope of just the EGI-Engage project (e.g. operational policy documents) would minimally have the topics from ‘EGI’ category selected.
- Any inout from EGI-Engage would minimally have the topics ‘EGI-Engage’
Access to documents
Access to internal or confidential documents is controlled at SSO group level, with SSO IDs being assigned to particular groups depending on their permissions to view or modify documents. Public documents are available to all, without restriction or the requirement to log in. Restricted documents can only be viewed and/or modified by logging in using an account with the correct permissions.
Review process for deliverables and milestones
All deliverables and milestones should be a subject of review defined under https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/PROC01_Deliverables_and_milestones_review
Guidelines for editors
While creating Deliverable and Milestones Editor should remember to:
- Language set in the document should be English (U.K)
- Use change tracking
- Mandatory field (Executive summary, Introduction)
- Once document reach review step use always last version from Document DB
- References preferably in the footer as footnote
QA internal resources
- EGI-Engage:QA Project set up Set up for EGI Engage project in terms of supporting tools