|EGI EUDAT PRACE collaboration menu:||Home •||Pilot 1 •||Pilot 2 •||Pilot 3 •||Pilot 4|
Welcome to the wiki space of the EGI/EUDAT/PRACE (EEP) collaboration. Several pilot activities were defined to address specific but generic use cases of usage of different resource infrastructures.
Pilot 4: Monitoring and resource discovery
Coordinator: Stephen Burke/EGI.eu (EGI)
Mailing list: eep-pilot4 at mailman.egi.eu
- Infrastructures: EGI (S. Burke, T. Ferrari, G. Sipos), EUDAT (M. van de Sanden), PRACE (T. Eissler, I. Saverchenko)
- Technology Providers: TBD
- Communities: MAPPER (I. Saverchenko), VERCE (I. Klampanos)
- Meeting and minutes
- (1) demonstrate harvesting information on service end-points available, their properties and status from different infrastructures:
- which data stores in the data federation are accessible (e.g. not in downtime, allowing a given user/user community to get space)
- how much space is available
- which resources are accessible to my user community matching user requirements?
- which resources provide enough network capacity
- which compute resources which are accessible to me, should be used at a given time?
- which resources provide the best network transfer performance
- (2) definition of a profile of minimum set of information that should be available from different infrastructures
- (3) definition of information schema supported by all infrastructures (or a subset of them) - e.g. GLUE2, GOCDB service repository, will publishing of GLUE 2 information be supported by PRACE/EUDAT?
NEED: define a information discovery workflow for MAPPER
- MAPPER: 30-04-2013 definition of minimum information profile needed
- MAPPER: 30-04-2013 draft workflow for information discovery EGI, PRACE, EUDAT
- EGI/EUDAT/PRACE: 30-05-2013: feasibility study