This page provides information about the Disaster Mitigation Competence Centre Plus (DMCC+ in short) task of the EOSC-hub H2020 project. DMCC+ will build on and expand the work of the Disaster Mitigation Competence Centre that was active in the EGI-Engage H2020 project.
DMCC+ will establish the Asia-Pacific regional collaboration platform of disaster mitigation by using numerical simulation and data management services. During a 3-year timeframe DMCC+ will:
- Develop simulation models and scientific gateways to support workflows for hazard analysis.
- Make existing regional e-Infrastructure compatible with EOSC framework, and expand those based on the latest technologies.
- Make data, online services and derived science results available in EOSC.
- Reach out to and support the user base in Asia and in partnership with EOSC-hub in Europe.
ASGC will implement the DMCC+ task within WP8 of the EOSC-hub project with the following partners:
- ASTI (PH): ASTI is a long-term partner with ASGC from EGEE, EUAsiaGrid and EGI-Engage projects. ASTI will contribute to the storm surge case studies, storm surge simulation portal development, engagement of local user communities.
- UPM (MY): UPM is a long-term partner with ASGC from EGEE, EUAsiaGrid and EGI-Engage. UPM will contribute to the flood case studies, verification of WRF simulation workflow and services, engagement of local user communities.
- ITB (ID): ITB is a long-term partner with ASGC from EGEE, EUAsiaGrid and EGI-Engage projects. ITB will contribute to the long-distant dust transportation case studies, verification of simulation services, engagement of local user communities.
- HCMCUT (VN): HCMCUT is a partner of ASGC on disaster mitigation by numerical simulations. HCMUCUT will contribute to case studies of flood and storm surge, verification of simulation workflow and services, as well as engagement of local user communities.
- HAII (TH): HAII is a long-term partner with ASGC from EGEE and EUAsiaGrid projects. HAII will contribute to the forest fire dust transportation and flood case studies, to the development of the simulation services, to training and engagement of local user communities.
- UD (IN): University of Delhi is now in charge of the India National Taskforce of Disaster Management. UD will collaborate with ASGC in DMCC+ on flood case studies and improve the simulation services of DMCC+, as well as engagement of local user communities.
- LRZ (DE): LRZ is a partner of ASGC in Disaster Mitigation Competence Centre of the EGI-Engage project. LRZ will contribute to DMCC+ case studies with advanced visualization services.
DMCC+ and Disaster Mitigation Working Group have established collaboration framework and will promote and demonstrate DMCC+ and EOSC-Hub outcomes to broader Asia countries. Formal collaboration agreement is expected to be signed in 2018.
DMCC+ will contribute to the following deliverables during the project:
- D8.1 Report on progress, achievements and plans of the Competence Centres (R, PU): Status report about the prototypes, pilots and production services that were setup by the Competence Centres, together with their further development plans to EOSC services.
- D8.2 Final report on Competence Centre key results and exploitation status and plans (R, PU): Final report about the achievements of the Competence Centres, and plans for evolving, operating and exploiting the CC prototypes/pilots/services beyond the project.
DMCC+ will contribute also to EOSC-hub Training through task 11.5: Data science training.