CRM Use Case Record Project Data
|This article is Deprecated and should no longer be used, but is still available for reasons of reference.|
How to record a new project
Projects should be recorded in EGI CRM as an Organization. To create an Organization in EGI CRM:
- Log-in in EGI CRM
- From the top navigation blue menu, select Organizations
- From the shortcut toolbar, select the green plus sign. This will redirect you to the Organization creation web form.
How to fill the web form for a Project Organization
- Organization Name, a reasonable name for identifying the institution or project. Note: Mandatory.
- Organization Number, an automatically generated number. Do not change the content of this field.
- Account Acronym, a shorter name for identifying the institution or project. Note: Mandatory if the Account Type is set to ESFRI projects, ESFRI-Cluster projects, National projects, INFRA projects or Other international projects.
- Account Type, choose the type of Organization for the present record (ESFRI projects, ESFRI-Cluster projects, INFRA projects, National Project or Other International Projects). Note: Mandatory.
- Status, which can be either Active or non-Active depending if the contact is valid, or if at a given point became invalid.
- Country, if applicable.
- Website, for the institution or specific group represented.
- Email, if applicable.
- Scientific Discipline, choose the main scientific domain for the Project.
- Assigned to, which can be either an individual user or a group (e.g. specific NGI or EGI group). Note: Mandatory. If it is assigned to an User, the user's NGI members will not be able to edit it. Therefore, unless it is private, it is recommended to assign it to your NGI group.
- Start Date, start date of the project.
- End Date, end date of the project.
- Potential for EGI use, with a subjective appraisal of the potential impact of its integration in EGI. Note: Mandatory.
- Interest in e-Infrastructure, describing the interest shown on using e-Infrastructures for their research activities. Note: Mandatory.
- Description, with a brief statement on the objectives and scope of the project.
Check the CRM Videos section to see the tutorial on how to add an Organization