|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 30 May 2011 14h00 Amsterdam time
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1. EMI/UMD current status
- A first set of components are now under Verification by EGI SA2.
Some of those will pass to staged rollout possibly by the end of this week: Early Adopter teams should expect staged rollout tests starting in the begining of next week
- EGI SA2 will make some functionality tests, as well as some intercomponent tests: for example complete job submission chain, data transfer and catalog registration
- Several issues have been found, some to do with the EMI release itself, some to do with documentation and some to do with the EGI workflow process. Some GGUS tickets have been opened and assigned to EMI.
1.2. Staged Rollout (Mario)
There are several gLite 3.1 and 3.2 components in staged rollout:
- LFC 1.8.0-1 (mysql and oracle): wating response from EAs
- glite-SGE_utils and CREAM 1.6.6: problem with glic update understood by developers and being taken care
- UI: waiting for EA
- WN: ITWM doing the staged rollout
- L&B: IFIC completed the test, waiting for the report
- FTS/A/M: waiting for EA response
1.3 Interoperability (Michaela)
Current ongoing points in the integration task forces:
- Our GOCDB requirement has been fixed and seems to work! https://goc.gridops.org/portal/index.php?Page_Type=View_Object&object_id=22973&grid_id=0
- Doodle Poll for next meeting will be opened this week
- UNICORE summit http://www.unicore.eu/summit/2011/ at Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland, on July 7th - 8th
- We had a dedicated meeting on accounting during the First European Globus Community Forum EGCF1 in Munich last week:
https://www.egi.eu/indico/materialDisplay.py?materialId=minutes&confId=485 It was short and effective. Outcome and summary:
- Parts of the original source of Grid-SAFE were missing with the transfer to SourceForge, should be RUS compliant and will be recovered and then adapted to follow newer RUPI standard as well.
- Common agreement to support the RUS standard interface and long-term vision to use it in all supported systems.
- Non-standard prototype short term solution used in Manchester: NGS (XML document based) UR RUS clients all publishing to Manchester which takes those URs and runs an ActiveMQ Publisher to send them to the central APEL repository.
- IGE will actively take part in the UR fields analysis and discussion of the EMI ComputeAccounting working group.
- IGE is taking over support for Grid-SAFE, possibly under the wings of SSI
- Transport mechanism used in Grid-SAFE is SOAP over https.
- There is a doodlepoll for a next meeting end of week22, week 23:
- Very important and urgent for UMD to know which Operation Systems will be used in production for the Globus resources in the future! Little feedback so far (from Netherlands and UK) on the small informal survey over the noc-managers list. Would at least like to see answers from the other "main suspects" like Croatia, Germany, Romania and Poland as well.
2. Operational Issues
2.2 Current active surveys and actions
- EGI survey on top-BDII deployment scenario
- Survey sent to NGIs through a broadcast and a mail to LCG_ROLLOUT
- Deadline: 30th June 2011
- Currently 13 answers submitted (36 visits)
- Batch systems current deployment scenario in the EGI infrastructure
- Directly sent to Site Managers
- Deadline: 30th June 2011
- Currently ~190 answers submitted
- Invitation to submit requirements
2.3 Proposal for jobs workdir issue solution
Second document with a tentative proposal to be forwarded to the Technology Providers. Document