|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Documentation menu:||Home •||Manuals •||Procedures •||Training •||Other •||Contact ►||For:||VO managers •||Administrators|
- plans on CentOS8 STARTED
- released on 2020-05-08
- new metrics added to ARGO_MON_OPERATORS profile on May 27th: eu.egi.CREAMCE-JobSubmit, eu.egi.CREAMCE.WN-Csh, eu.egi.CREAMCE.WN-Softver
- results: 177 endpoints, 15 WARNING (Timeout occurred (900 sec) ), 53 CRITICAL. Success rate 70% (61.6% including the WARNING)
- When eu.egi.CREAMCE.WN-Softver is successful:
CREAM JobOutput OK: retrieved outputSandbox: ['std.err', 'std.out'] **** std.err **** **** std.out **** egee01 has UMD 3.14.4
When it fails:
CREAM JobOutput ERROR [DONE-OK, exitCode=1 ]: retrieved outputSandbox: ['std.err', 'std.out'] **** std.err **** **** std.out **** ERROR: unable to find glite, EMI, LCG or UMD WN version on n1037-amd
- HTCondor-CE probes included in the ARGO_MON_OPERATORS profile on May 13th: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146949
- 53 endpoints, 8 CRITICAL, success rate is about 84.9%
Feedback from DMSU
Verify configuration records
On a yearly basis, the information registered into GOC-DB need to be verified. NGIs and RCs have been asked to check them. In particular:
- NGI managers should review the people registered and the roles assigned to them, and in particular check the following information:
- ROD E-Mail
- Security E-Mail
- NGI Managers should also review the status of the "not certified" RCs, in according to the RC Status Workflow;
- RCs administrators should review the people registered and the roles assigned to them, and in particular check the following information:
- telephone numbers
- CSIRT E-Mail
- RC administrators should also review the information related to the registered service endpoints.
The process should be completed by June 22nd.
- Under-performed sites in the past A/R reports with issues not yet fixed:
- AfricaArabia: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146877
- AsiaPacific: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=142591
- NGI_AEGIS: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146867
- AEGIS03-ELEF-LEDA: SRM problems, endpoint put out of production until the issues are fixed; CE certificate expired in May.
- NGI_CH: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146870
- CSCS-LCG2: intermittent igtf failures
- UNIBE-LHEP: issues with DPM upgrade and some network problems; statistics are improving
- NGI_CH: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=145818
- UNIGE-DPNC: new ARC-CE put in production at the end of April, new failures due to an expired certificate
- NGI_DE: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146871
- GoeGRID: CREAM-CE intermittent failures not affecting ATLAS; failures with ARC-CE
- NGI_IT: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146868
- CIRMMP: SRM unreachable due to a firewall, statistics are now improving
- INFN-LECCE: CREAMCE and SRM failures, recovering...
- NGI_PL: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=140557
- TASK: QCG problems was fixed; some CREAM-CE failures; the SRM tests are still failing and the DPM upgrade isn't completed yet
- UKI-NORTHGRID-SHEF-HEP: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146455 needing to re-install the ARC-CE
- UKI-SOUTHGRID-SUSX: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=144720 Migration from CREAM to ARC, WN migration to CentOS7; SRM to be decommissioned; ARC-CE was failing the IGTF test
- NGI_UK: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146875
- UKI-LT2-QMUL: intermittent webdav failures, plans to upgrade STORM and LUSTRE in the coming months; suggested to mark the webdav endpoint as "not production"
- ROC_CANADA: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146452
- CA-SFU-T2: SLURM problems caused failures to site-BDII freshness check due to some old jobs not properly cancelled; recovered
- CA-WATERLOO-T2: SRM failures not involving production VOs, fixed; some unscheduled downtime affected the the A/R figures; some services still to restore.
- NGI_UA: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146454
- UA-KNU: GlueSEUniqueID wasn't published due to missing DNS back-resolving record for IPv6 address of the SE. Deployed a new ARC-CE version 6, igtf probe returns UNKNOWN.
- Under-performed sites after 3 consecutive months, under-performed NGIs, QoS violations: (May 2020):
- NGI_DE: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=147313
- mainz: some problems in March and April, that could not be fixed easily; in May, the HPC infrastructure was attacked and the whole computer center was shut down.
- wuppertalprod: SRM failures to to a BDII issue, fixed
- NGI_NDGF: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=147310
- FI_HIP_T2: configuration problem that prevents some of the OPS-jobs from running
- NGI_PL: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=147311
- NGI_UA: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=147312
- UA_ICYB_ARC: cluster storage failure, improving...
- NGI_DE: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=147313
- sites suspended:
- GRID-UNAM (under-performing, DPM upgrade not completed)
IPv6 readiness plans
- please provide updates to the IPv6 assessment (ongoing) https://wiki.egi.eu/w/index.php?title=IPV6_Assessment
- if any relevant, information will be summarised at OMB
ARC Middleware 5 end of support, migration to ARC 6
- EGI Operations Broadcast
- PROC16 Decommission of unsupported software
- deadline: end of July
- Catalin is in contact with ARC team to get a webinar on ARC administration, scheduled (to be confirmed) for July 6th please contact operations@ for information
|Date||Number of endpoints in BDII||Number of GGUS tickets||Issues|
|2020-06-08||75||42||Some ARC endpoints publish a timestamp instead of a version like 5.X.Y; we can fairly assume they are ARC6 nightly builds, but we're going to close the corresponding tickets after explicit confirmation from the site admin.|
LCGDM end of support and migration to / enabling of DOME
- The DPM team has agreed to extend support for security updates for the DPM legacy functionality until 30 September 2019. However, affected service providers should still plan to disable legacy mode well before this date.
- more details: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/DPM_End_of_legacy-mode_support
- since DPM 1.10.3 release, it is possible enabling the non-legacy mode DOME (Disk operations Management Engine, see documentation)
- EGI Operations sent a broadcast to site-admins(first bunch and second bunch) and VO managers with a survey to fill in:
- Deployment statistics (Jun 5th):
$ ldapsearch -x -LLL -H ldap://egee-bdii.cnaf.infn.it:2170 -b "GLUE2GroupID=grid,o=glue" '(&(objectClass=GLUE2Manager)(GLUE2ManagerProductName=DPM))' GLUE2ManagerProductVersion GLUE2ManagerID | grep GLUE2ManagerProductVersion | sort | uniq -c 1 GLUE2ManagerProductVersion: 1.10.0 65 GLUE2ManagerProductVersion: 1.13.0 2 GLUE2ManagerProductVersion: 1.13.1 11 GLUE2ManagerProductVersion: 1.13.2 3 GLUE2ManagerProductVersion: 1.8.10 1 GLUE2ManagerProductVersion: 1.8.9 4 GLUE2ManagerProductVersion: 1.9.0
Liasing with WLCG to follow-up the upgrade. Opened GGUS tickets asking the following:
- all the sites with older DPM versions than 1.12 are suggested to upgrade to the latest DPM version , following the guide DPM upgrade (chapter 1 Upgrade to DPM 1.10.0 "Legacy Flavour" and chapter 2 Upgrade to DPM 1.10.0 "Dome Flavour")
- DOME and the old LCGDM (srm protocol) will coexist
- Monitoring: sites should enable the monitoring of the HTTP/WebDav and/or GridFTP endpoints
- register the storage service endpoint as webdav and/or globus-GRIDFTP service type, with production flag disabled, providing respectively the URL field and the Extension Properties information as explained in the HOWTO21
- check if the tests are ok
- switch the production flag to "yes"
List of tickets
- DPM upgrade, DOME enabling, and monitoring (33)
- enabling DOME and proper monitoring (6)
- tickets opened by WLCG: 13 and 7
Several CEs are failing the job submission tests, preventing pakiti to check the vulnerabilities fixes on the WNs.
- original ticket: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=143837
- List of tickets to the sites
- Storage accounting: http://goc-accounting.grid-support.ac.uk/storagetest/storagesitesystems.html
- several sites stopped publishing storage accounting records: it needs to investigate on and fix it
July 13th, 2020 https://indico.egi.eu/event/4901/