|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 30 August 2012
|EVO direct link|| Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1. Update on the status of EMI updates
Cristina Aiftimiei is on holiday. Last update released by EMI: EMI-1 Update 18
1.2. Staged Rollout
UMD 2.1 has been released on the 6 August with almost all the remaining high priority components:
We will set the release date for UMD2.2 soon, should be in September:
Ready for the next UMD2 release:
- LB 3.2.6
- CREAM-SGE 2.0.0
In staged rollout:
- SAM/Nagios 17.1 - should be released next Wednesday 22 August
- MPI 1.3.0
- UNICORE UVOS 1.5.1
- Several IGE components:
- Globus default security and security-integration
- Globus MyPROXY
- All ARC components, a problem has come out that needs assessment.
- UNICORE HILA
The remaining components that need to start verification and have early adopters:
New EMI2 components that do not have yet EAs are:
- EMIR - this one I started verification some time ago, integrated into the workgroup doing it's evaluation
- WNODES - need EAs
For UMD1, there are updates from the EMI1 update 18, that need to be put into the SW provisioning, contains an important fix for the WMS.
2. Operational Issues
2.1 Update on security vulnerabilities
Verbal update during the meeting.
2.2 SAM 17.1
The SAM Update 17.1 has been successfully tested in Staged Rollout and will be released during this week, for the NGI SAM administrators to deploy it.
Staged rollout identified one issue that will be extensively reported in the release notes:
- NCG does not configure monitoring for services deployed in certified sites but with the service instance flag Production=no and the flag Monitored=yes.
- A first workaround has been producted by SAM team, it requires the replacement of a script provided by SAM team.
- This workaround has a side effect: after the patch NCG configures all the sites, including the non production, e.g. suspended sites. SAM Administrator, must remove the unwanted sites.
- SAM team will fix this issue in the next SAM update.
SAM Update 17 is important for the monitoring of EMI-2 WN.
2.3 Version number of WMS released in UMD 1.8
In the UMD update 1.7.1 EGI released the EMI WMS 3.3.5-1.
The UMD versioning system supports a format like xx.yy.zz, which cannot distinguish between the WMS 3.3.5 (released in UMD as v3.3.5) and WMS 3.3.5-1, therefore the EMI WMS 3.3.5-1 has been released in UMD as WMS 3.3.6.
This is only an identifier for the entry in the software provisioning system, the RPMs maintained the EMI versioning.
SA2 will discuss in September a solution to avoid these kind of mismatch between technology providers and UMD versions.