|Audio conference link||Conference system is Adobe Connect, no password required.|
|Audio conference details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 News from URT
- ARC 4.0.0 expected for November 22nd
- Globus Toolkit 5.2.5 has been released on November 5th. Has been released in EPEL by EGCF and currently this release is in EPEL testing.
1.2 Staged rollout updates
- Ready to be released (this week):
- unicore-hila v. 2.4.0
- cream-torque v. 2.1.1
- px v. 1.3.34
- arc-ce v. 3.0.3
- gridway v. 5.14.1
- dpm v. 1.8.7-3
- bdii-core v. 1.5.4
- bdii-top v. 1.1.3
- canl v. 2.1.4
- cream-ce v. 1.16.2
- blah v. 1.20.3
- In Stage Rollout
- UI v. 3.0.3 which includes allot of new clients: DPM / LFC (1.8.7-3), VOMS (3.0.4), CanL (2.2.0), lcg_utils (1.16.0),
- Wn v. 3.0.1
- voms-server v. 2.0.11: solves the very slow or malicious clients that could lead to an endless loop in the VOMS server socket accept procedure.
- wms v. 3.6.1
- LFC v.1.8.7-3 Missing EA
- Soon in Stage Rollout:
- CREAM-SLURM 1.0.1 solves the issue with the BDII not publishing CE information.
- DPM-YAIM: solves lcgdm-dav and dpm-xrootd issue in can give intermittent permission denied. Also includes new dmlite plugins.
2 Operational issues
2.1 Updates from DMSU
Nothing to report
2.2 Issues with the gLExec probe on tarball WNs
The new gLExec probe provided by EMI is Perl-based and it requires Perl library Time::HiRes. In case the library is missing on WN, test emi.cream.glexec.WN-gLExec will report:
WNs with the metapackage emi-glexec_wn contain the required library and work fine. WNs deployed by using tarball WNs are missing the library and glexec binary.
2.3 Proposed changes in the APEL monitoring probes
2.4 Medium term changes proposed for GFAL utilities
The GFAL lcg-utils product team is proposing to phase out GFAL/lcg_utils in favour of GFAL2/gfal-utils.
GFAL2 is already used by FTS3 for file transfers, the main features of GFAL2 are:
- POSIX-like API
- Getting, putting and third party copy all in one call
- Session reuse for SRM, GridFTP and HTTPS
- Python wrappers available
- Interaction with the infosys is entirely optional, and not needed
- Support of information system will be maintained in the future
- gfal2 and gfal (currently in production) are not API compatible
lgc_utils functions that are proposed to be deprecated:
|Add an alias for a given GUID||lcg-aa||Deprecated|
|Copy and register a file||lcg-cr||Deprecated|
|Get the GUID for a given LFN||lcg-lg||Deprecated|
|Lists the replicas for a given LFN||lcg-lr||Deprecated|
|Remove an alias||lcg-ra||Deprecated|
|Copy between Ses using the catalog||lcg-rep||Deprecated|
|Register a file in a catalog||lcg-rf||Deprecated|
|Unregister a file||lcg-uf||Deprecated|
The proposal is to support lcg_utils in terms of security and critical bug patches until 31st October 2014.
The changes may affect heavily user communities who are using LFC and who based their workflows on the lcg-utils commands that combine SRM and LFC actions.
More information available in the CERN twiki.
Action: Discuss with your NGI team and user communities the implications of this proposed change.
P.Solagna will circulate this information to the UCB.
2.5 glue2 monitoring
Proposal for a soft-start:
- After the end of the month open tickets to sites, non alarm tickets without escalation, to ask them to start working on the issue.