|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 13 December 2011 14h00 Amsterdam time
|EVO direct link|| Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 EMI-1 release status
External wiki page provided by Cristina (EMI): link
1.2 Staged Rollout (Mario)
UMD 1.4 freeze yesterday, now preparing the release to be out next Monday 19 Dec.
- emi.cream.sl5.x86_64-1.13.3 with the following updates
- Update to Globus 5.0.5 baseline provided by IGE, ensuring a continuing integration with EMI products in the EGI
Products in the SW provisioning, candidates for UMD 1.5 by the 30th January 2012:
Products under staged rollout:
To be verified:
Also waiting for the EMI update 11 on the 15th of December, WMS in partiular is expected in this elease.
2. Operational Issues
2.1 GOCDB data scoping overview
2.2 Top BDII memory issue
A serious memory issue was reported in two GGUS tickets:
[ 76337 ]: "bdii tmpfs fills up and silently fails"
[ 73840 ]: "bdii memory leak?"
The RAMdisk usage of the service increases until the service occupy all the available memory. After that it needs to be restarted.
The BDII versions affected are:
- gLite 3.2.11
- EMI 1.0.0-1
No information about EMI 1.0.1 (Distributed with UMD 1.3), if it is affected or not.
First partial mitigation suggested by developer:
- Configuration patch, comments the following directives:
- #set_flags DB_LOG_INMEMORY
- #set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
- This reduces the memory grow, but does not solve the problem
- The only workaround for the problem, so far, is to restart the Top-BDII service.
2.3 Survey ongoing
Survey about the request for SLURM support in CREAM. Survey description
- Deadline is tomorrow: Dec 14th.
- Many sites answered (69), probably most of the sites not interested in SLURM, and happy with the list of LRMS supported by CREAM, did not answer (reasonably).
2.4 Middleware requirements gathering campaign
- Requirements for ARC/gLite/GLOBUS/UNICORE.
- The campaign is ongoing and it will be closed on January 15th, to let OMB discuss the requirements list.
3.2 Next meetings
January 9th 2012