|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 12 September 2011 14h00 Amsterdam time
|EVO direct link|| Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 EMI-1 release status (Cristina)
1.2 Staged Rollout (Mario)
1.2.1 gLite 3.2
- CREAM 1.6.7: under staged rollout test, got delayed but proceeding.
- FTS/A 2.2.5: still no EA
UMD 1.2 to be released today UMD-1:UMD-1.2.0, also check http://repository.egi.eu/category/umd_releases/distribution/umd_1/. The list of products are:
- ARGUS 1.3.1
- CREAM 1.13.2
- ARC-CE 1.0.1
- ARC-Clients 1.0.1
- ARC-Infosys 1.0.1
- dCache 1.9.12-6
- IGE Globus GridFTP 5.0.3
- IGE Globus RLS 5.0.3
- IGE Globus MyPROXY 5.0.3
The following candidate products have not been included:
- StoRM 1.7.1: has been rejected in staged rollout.
- MPI 1.0.4: issues have been found in staged rollout but not yet rejected.
- WMS 3.3.3: issues have been found but under active investigation by the product team and the early adopter.
UMD 1.3 is due on the 31 October. A very preliminary list of candidate products, include at least the ones from EMI1 update 6 not included in UMD 1.2:
- topBDII 1.0.1
- siteBDII 1.0.1
- FTS 2.2.6 (new product)
2. Operational Issues
gLite 3.2 critical bugs and patches
Security advisory: EGI CSIRT:Alerts/Torque-2011-06-15
- Problem : Torque Authentication Bypass
- Mitigation: Sites are strongly recommended to run Torque behind a firewall, in particular port 15001 should be restricted so that direct access to Torque from an untrusted host is not allowed.
- Instructions from gLite: workaround
Question: Is a new release of Torque-server needed in gLite 3.2, or is the mitigation proposed enough?
- The new patched Torque packages has been released in EPEL repos, they need to be ported in the gLite repositories.
- The installation of the new Torque version is not straightforward, it requires more work for the site administrators in addition to the simple package updates.
Current situation for CREAM:
- gLite 316
- EMI 21
A/R data displayed by Operations Portal
As reported in this GGUS ticket, the Operations Portal dashboard is still displaying A/R data of January/2011. This problem seems to affect all NGIs.
The problem is currently under investigation by the Op.Portal and SAM teams.
3.3 Next meetings
26 September 2011