|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 11 November 2011 14h00 Amsterdam time
|EVO direct link|| Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 EMI-1 release status
Wiki page provided by Cristina (EMI).
1.2 Staged Rollout (Mario)
1.2.1 gLite 3.2
There are several components under staged rollout:
- DPM and LFC mysql 1.8.2
- WN 3.2.12: accepted by an EA to do the staged rollout
- UI 3.2.11
- VOBOX 3.2.12
There where yet no EAs accepting the test of DPM and LFC mysql 1.8.2, and the UI and VOBOX. We call interested sites to come forward and do the test
CREAM 1.6.8 has been set today in ready for production.
- CEMON 1.13.3 under staged rollout
2. Operational Issues
2.1 Usage of the information system clients
Preamble:The EMI Registry is the common service discovery system designed during this year by EMI, scheduled to be implemented by EMI-2 and adopted by all EMI products by EMI-3. EMI Registry Twiki page.
Consolidation is the EMI task that aims to reduce the maintenance costs of the software, for example by reducing the number of components and duplicates. EMI has not yet planned a consolidation strategy for the information system clients. EMI explicitly asked for feedback about the usage of the current info-sys clients. They would like to harmonize this area, and they want to choose the direction to go based on the EGI and user communities feedback.
The clients are:
- ARC lib
- UNICORE cli
- SAGA SD API/CLI
- EMI Registry client - design not final, yet
The questions could be:
- Which of the clients above are used in the activities of your NGI?
- Both operational activities, and user support
- Which features are important in a info system client?
- Which features should the EMIR client include, to be useful?
- The added value would be to discover resources from different middleware stacks
- EMIR will not contain VO information about the services, should the client provide the resource-VO match, like lcg-info*?
Feel free to provide other comments, question and requirements about the information system clients
E.g. is a common information system client desiderable for NGIs? (Question mainly addressed to NGIs deploying different middleware)
2.2 CERN Top-BDII usage
Request circulated through the NGI Operations Centre Manager list. Many sites in the EGI Infrastructure use the CERN's Top-BDII as backup Top-BDII instance or main (and only) top-BDII configured ad client level. This usage of the CERN's BDII from external sites needs to be agreed with the administrators of the service, and -first of all- it is important to estimate which Resource Centres have configured the host lcg-bdii.cern.ch as main or secondary Top-BDII.
It is important that NGIs survey their sites providing the following information:
- Which sites are using the lcg-bdii.cern.ch as main top-BDII configured at client side (and possibly why they have chosen to use it)
- Which sites are using the lcg-bdii.cern.ch as backup top-BDII, when the first one is not available
Please, provide answers by November 21st (with an email to email@example.com).
Many NGIs already submitted metrics and reports for Q6. Missing NGIs have already be chased with individual emails. If you have not submitted metrics and/or reports, please do it asap.
3.2 Next meetings
21 November 2011 h 14:00