|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 02 May 2011
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1. Update on the status of EMI-1 release (Cristina)
1.2. Staged Rollout (Mario)
- SAM Update 10.1 under staged rollout (Update 10 was rejected in staged rollout)
- gLite 3.1 and 3.2 components are "stalled" in certification or verification (FTS and L&B).
1.3 Feedback from EAs to change into EMI1 components for the staged rollout
Most components already covered, including ARC and Unicore ones. But some gLite components still missing, or with only 1 EA.
EAs that did not yet send feedback, please do so. Plans to move to EMI components or not.
ARC probes have already been integrated into SAM/Nagios framework.
Task force for Unicore and Globus integration underway:
- The first Globus integration task force meeting: this week Wednesday https://www.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=469
- The next UNICORE integration task force meeting: this week Friday: https://www.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=465
2. Operational Issues
2.1 gLite 3.2 VOMSes not published in BDII
Starting from Glite 3.2 VOMS contains information provider which provides list of VOs supported by one VOMS. This information can be retrieved by querying for "(GlueServiceType=*voms-admin)".
For this reason, VOMS services need to be included in the information system (i.e. the resource BDII needs to be added to the site BDII, as for any other service in the site).
Currently, not all the gLite 3.2 VOMS services are correctly published in the information system, so NGIs with VOMS gLite 3.2 service instances should check this.
The avaiulability of VOMS information in the BDII is important for monitoring to fetch proper VO mapping. VO mapping is used for bootstrapping SAM/Nagios instances and pointing probes which VOs to test on VOMS servers. Without VOMS in information system Nagios admins need to manually define which VOs are supported on VOMS server.
2.2 older WMSes update
WMSes update to 3.1.30 or newer. Old WMSes:
- egee-rb-09.cnaf.infn.it (updated but no publishing correctly the information)
- wms011.cnaf.infn.it (updated but no publishing correctly the information)
- wms015.cnaf.infn.it (updated but no publishing correctly the information)
2.3 top-BDII best practices
The HA for top-BDII has been discussed at the F2F OMB in Vilnius. Ibergrid and IGI are working on a best practice document describing their high availability top-BDII deployment. A survey will be prepared in the next week, to be proposed to NGIs. The main topics will be:
- Current top-BDII deployment (with or without HA)
- Other backup solutions (e.g. usage of other NGIs top-BDIIs)
- Number of sites using the top-BDII
- Interest in developing top-BDII high availability/failover best practices, both server and client side
- Interest in creating a top-BDII failover network between smaller NGIs
- Wiki page updated more than one week ago
- Summary document circulated last Friday: link
- Feedback from NGIs/Site Managers needed
2.5 Batch systems to be supported by CE
- List requested by the Technology Collaboration Board
- A survey will be set up in the next days to collect this crucial requirement from as many NGI as possible.
3.1 Workshops for site managers @ EGI Technical Forum
Currently EGI.eu is collecting topics for the TF in September in Lyon.
Would NGI be interested in a workshop dedicated to Site Managers? Which topics should the workshop focus on?
The proposal would be to have few topics (two or three) to be exposed and discussed extensively.
3.2 Next meeting
Proposal: Monday 16 of May 14:00