Access Chipster with CSG
|Overview||For users||For resource providers||Infrastructure status||Site-specific configuration||Architecture|
This guide is intended for researchers who want to use Chipster (v3.12.3), is a user-friendly software for analyzing high-throughput data such as NGS and microarrays, in the cloud-based resources provided by EGI.
The Chipster server configured at CESGA offers:
- 8 vCPU cores,
- 32GB of RAM,
- 1TB in /data
- Software and tools (v3.12.3) are in /cvmfs/chipster.egi.eu/
This how-to has been tested in the EGI Applications on Demand Infrastructure.
The only pre-requisite to access and use the Chipster testbed is to be a member of this infrastructure.
In this guide we will show how to
- Create a temporary Chipster account to access the testbed;
- Use the temporary account to access and run the bio-informatics applications.
How to access the Chipster testbed
To access the Chipster tested, a valid account is needed.
- If the user already HAS a valid user name and password for this Chipster service, he/she can launch the Chipster client from the Chipster
- If the user did NOT use this Chipster server before or if username and password have expired, please use this link to define an username and password for the Chipster server (see next section for more details).
- By default, the password will be valid for one month.
How to create a temporary account
In this section we will show how to create this temporary account using the JSR 286 portlet available in the FutureGateway Science Gateway.
To create/renew your temporary account click here and provide the needed information as showed below:
When the new account is create/renewed, the user can access the server