EGI Core activities:2015-bidding Service registry
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
- Service name: Service registry (GOCDB)
EGI relies on a central registry (GOCDB) to record information about different entities such as the Operations Centres, the Resource Centres, service endpoints and the contact information and roles of people responsible for operations at different levels. GOCDB is a source of information for many other operational tools, such as the broadcast tool, the Aggregated Topology Provider, the Accounting Portal, etc.
The GOCDB front-end is hosted by a Virtual Machine providing Enterprise RedHat OS, Apache2 webserver, PHP5, and nagios/ganglia monitoring components for in-house production monitoring. GOCDB must be deployed in a master-slave distributed high availability configuration. The two instances cannot be deployed on the same site.
This service includes the following components.
This activity is responsible for the coordination of the system operation and upgrade activities with those partners that are in charge of operating other systems that depend on it.
- Daily running of the system
- Provisioning of a high availability configuration
- A test infrastructure to verify interoperability and the impact of software upgrades on depending systems
- Bug fixing, proactive maintenance, improvement of the system
- coordination of software maintenance activities with other technology providers that provide software for the EGI Core Infrastructure or remote systems deployed by integrated and peer *infrastructures that interoperate with the central EGI components of the system.
Support through the EGI helpdesk to users of GOCDB and to the operators of other depending systems.
Support hours: eight hours a day , Monday to Friday – excluding public holidays of the hosting organization.
Service level targets
- Minimum availability/reliability: 99%/99%
- Response to incident records in GGUS within support hours: Medium (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/FAQ_GGUS-PT-QoS-Levels#Medium_service)
Bids planning a total effort of about 6 Person Months/year would allow these service and activities to be addressed appropriately.