EGI Core activities:2015-bidding Collaboration tools
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
- Service name: collaboration tools (IT Support)
The task provides the following services for the EGI collaboration, all the services requiring authentication must interface with SSO:
- EGI Web site hosting and other web servers related to EGI activities
- EGI SSO, including shibboleth access for third party services using SSO as ID provider
- Mailing list management
- Document Repository
- Survey tool
- Eduroam for EGI.eu
- Agenda management via Indico
- Actions and requirements tracking (RT). RT must interface with the UMD software provisioning system. Tight cooperation with the provider of the UMD infrastructure is expected
- Main DNS for egi.eu domain
- Provisioning of a few VM to allow EGI.eu team to test services and workflows (max. 6cores/6GB RAM total)
- Other collaboration platforms on a need be basis
- Hosting and daily operations the services
- Creation of new SSO groups, mailing lists and Wiki namespaces
- Provisioning of usage statistics upon request
- Creation of dedicated web spaces for the main EGI events
- Regular deployment of relevant software patches and new releases in order to keep the services up to date to the newest available version
- Adapt RT Scrips and dashboards upon request
- Extension of the SSO to be ID provider for new services, upon request
- Creation of new queues in RT and new metadata
- Support of new use cases for the capabilities of the collaboration tools, e.g. by creating a new SSO group with mailing list.
Support is provided through the it-support mailing list and the dedicated ggus support unit.
Service level targets
EGI collaboration services must have 90% availability over the month
If provided the DNS service must have Availability > 99% on a monthly basis.
Bids planning a total effort between 10 and 12 Person Months/year would allow these services and activities to be addressed appropriately.