EGI Core activities:2015-bidding AAI services
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
- Service name: Services for AAI
Services and activities are needed for a flexible multi-technology AAI platform for user authentication and authorization.
The envisaged components of this service are:
- Catch-all VO membership management for small research teams and the long tail of science, as well as for infrastructure VOs including DTEAM: a VOMS service for the X509 credentials and other attribute authorities to support user grouping with other authentication technologies.
- Catch-all X.509 certification authority for users who do not have access to a national CA.
This activity is responsible for the coordination of the system operations in collaboration with those partners that are in charge of operating other systems that depend on the EGI AAI infrastructure.
- Daily running of the system
- Provisioning of a high availability configuration
- Releasing new certificates and renewing certificates
- Supporting the creation of new VO in the central services
- Instantiation of new registration authorities
- Requirements gathering
Support through the EGI helpdesk to users and service providers using the AAI services.
Support hours: eight hours a day , Monday to Friday – excluding public holidays of the hosting organization.
Service level targets
- Minimum availability/reliability: 99%/99%
- Response to incident records in GGUS within support hours: Medium (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/FAQ_GGUS-PT-QoS-Levels#Medium_service)
Bids planning a total effort between 1 and 2 Person Months/year would allow these services and activities to be addressed appropriately.