EGI Core activities:2013-bidding Accounting Repository
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
Go back to the Core EGI activity list.
- Service name: Accounting Repository
- Service category: Operations
- Service type: Coordination, operation and maintenance
The Accounting Repository is part of the EGI Core Infrastructure Platform which supports the daily operations of EGI.
The EGI Accounting Infrastructure is distributed. At a central level it includes the repositories for the persistent storage of usage records. The central databases are populated through individual usage records published by the Resource Centres, or through the publication of summarised usage records. The Accounting Infrastructure is essential in a service-oriented business model to record usage information.
The Accounting repositories store CPU, cloud and storage accounting data collected from sites participating in the EGI and other external infrastructures supporting international EGI user communities. The accounting information is gathered from different sensors in to central accounting databases where it is processed to generate summaries that are available through the EGI Accounting Portal. The Accounting Repository is based on the APEL software, has a MySQL database backend.
The central accounting repository is capable of collecting usage records for compute, storage, and cloud resources.
This service includes the following components.
This activity is responsible for the coordination of the APEL database operation and upgrade activities with those partners that are in charge of operating other systems that depend on the central APEL accounting databases.
Support through the EGI helpdesk about the accounting records publishing process in the production infrastructure. Support is provided
- to the operators of those infrastructures that publish or need to publish usage records into the EGI central accounting databases (Resource Centres, NGIs and other integrated and peer infrastructures)
- to the operators of other depending systems
Support about APEL parsers and publishers is out of scope and is part of activity 2nd level support (core platform).
Support hours: eight hours a day (for example 9-17 CE(S)T), Monday to Friday – excluding public holidays of the hosting organization.
- Daily running of the system
- Provisioning of a high availability configuration
- A test infrastructure to verify interoperability and the impact of software upgrades on depending systems
This activity includes:
- core refactoring, bug fixing, proactive maintenance, improvement of the system
- coordination of software maintenance activities with other technology providers that provide software for the EGI Core Infrastructure or the accounting systems deployed by integrated and peer infrastructures
- Maintenance of probes to test the functionality of the service
- requirements gathering
Service level targets
- Minimum availability/reliability: 99%/99%
- Response to incident records in GGUS within support hours: Medium (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/FAQ_GGUS-PT-QoS-Levels#Medium_service)