WI03 RC and RP OLA violation report followup
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Infrastructure Operations Oversight menu:||Home •||EGI.eu Operations Team •||Regional Operators (ROD)|
Availability and reliability report work instruction for COD
This page describes steps which should be taken by COD shifter to follow availability/reliability issues.
- Receiver: Site
- Subject: Availability or reliability under target for last 3 months
- Threshold: Availability: 70%, Reliability: 75%
- Goal: We expect to see improvement
- Deadline for answers: 10 days
- No response: site suspension
- Ticket is submitted by Georgios Kaklamanos or George Fergadis.
- Add ticket URL to Monthly actions
- Add ticket URL to Underperforming sites and suspensions
Submit child tickets to sites
- Go to Dropbox - COD - TicketCreator - AvaRel report
- Prepare input file EGI_sus.csv based on the records marked as red in the source pdf. Input file syntax:
NGI;Site;Availability;ReliabilityTake into account only sites that are in Certified state in GocDB.
Make sure NGIs are named according to the below table.
- Run ticket creator:
perl start-suspend.pl ticket_number ‘date, e.g. Sep 2012’ “EGI_sus.csv”More info about Ticket generator for A/R
Handling the child tickets
- NGIs that replied within 10 days - check the explanation. If uncertain whether to suspend or not, discuss with COO by submitting a ticket to them.
- If after 3 days from receiving the explanation from NGI performance shows no improvement (Availability is still <70%, Reliability <75%) COD should suspend the site. Inform NGI and site about the suspension.
- In cases COD agree the site should not be suspended (such as: raise of availability >70% and reliability >75% or any other important reason, such as NGI SAM problem) the site can be left certified
- NGIs that didn’t reply - after 10 days suspend the site. Inform NGI and site about the suspension.
- Prepare summary report and place it in the parent ticket.
The whole process should be completed by the end of the month.
Naming the NGIs
In grid view NGIs/ROCs are named differently than in GGUS. You should change NGI/ROC name according to GGUS. NGI name table can be found here: NGIs GGUS names
Subject:$SU/$siteName - site suspension Dear $SU, According to recent availability/reliability report $siteName has achieved poor performance below target Ava. 70% or Rel. 75% in three consecutive months. More details: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Availability_and_reliability_monthly_statistics The aim of submitting this ticket is the intervention of the NGI and immediate improvement of the situation. According to procedures approved on OMB 17.08, the site will be suspended 10 working days after receiving this ticket unless NGI intervene. If NGI intervene and performance is still below targets 3 days after the intervention, the site will also be suspended. If you think that the site should not be suspended please provide justification in this ticket within 10 working days. In case the site performance rises above targets within 3 days from providing explanation, the site will not be suspended. Otherwise COD may decide on suspension of the site. You will be notified about the outcome in this ticket. Best Regards, EGI Central Operator on Duty
More info about Ticket generator for A/R