VT Scientific Publications Repository Implementation Meetings/2013-05-03

From EGIWiki
< VT Scientific Publications Repository Implementation Meetings
Revision as of 10:25, 14 May 2013 by Gater (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
VT Scientific Publications Repository Implementation Tasks Meetings & Actions Resources


Meeting 13 May 2013 - 14:30-15:30 CEST

Agenda

  1. Actions review
  2. Report from OpenAIRE
  3. AOB

Participants

  1. Sergio Andreozzi, EGI.eu
  2. Catherine Gater, EGI.eu
  3. Genevieve Romier, NGI-FR
  4. Natalia Manola, NKUA
  5. Harry Dimitropoulos, NKUA
  6. Antonis Lempesis, NKUA
  7. Elefterios Stamatogiannakis, NKUA
  8. Ioannis Foufoulas, NKUA
  9. Najla Rettberg, UniGoettingen

Apologize:

  1. Genevieve Romier, NGI-FR
  2. Burcu Ortakaya, NGI TR
  3. Wilhelm Bühler, NGI-DE

Minutes

Report from open actions
  • Sergio launched a survey to VO managers to collect acknowledgement statements in use; so far only 6 VOs answered and the data have been collected in the resources page; a reminder to be sent after the meeting
  • Sergio updated the wiki and moved in the content of existing google docs so now the wiki is the main resource of info for the VT project
  • Sergio reported that the article about the collaboration was published in the e-IRG newsletter e-IRG
  • Harry reported that current statements have been used to create mining rules to run over available repositories, current results are in the order of 10K publications, therefore it is likely more fine tuning is needed
  • Najla taking care of OpenAIRE communications joined the call for the first time, a background on the collaboration was given
  • After discussion, it was agreed to give two more weeks for fine-tuning the mining rules then the results will be made accessible to EGI for verification
  • Sergio asked about timeline for web interface updates; Antonis reported that changes are not big, the main thing is to update the data model; Sergio remarked that two important milestones should be considered for the release of features: EGi-InSPIRE review (25/26 June) abd EGI TEchnical Forum (16-20 Sep)
  • Natalia reported that the new release of the OpenAIRE interface will be published at the end of this week; she also reported that this collaboration will also rely on the features released with the new Zenodo repository
New Actions
  • Sergio to send reminders to VO managers about the survey
  • Sergio to test the mining rules on publications text using the link provided by Harry
  • Natalia to discuss with Antonis about how to make accessible to EGI people the results of the mining activity
  • Antonis to work on implementation of new data model
  • Antonis to work on mock-up for interface that could be used by EGI to showcase the upcoming features at the EGI-InSPIRE review
  • Harry&team to refine mining rules so to have smaller/more valuable list of publications
  • Harry&team to document the rules being used
  • Harry&team to prepare a list of publications resulting from mining on existing repositories for EGI to validate
Next Meeting
27 May 14:30 CEST