VT Federated Identity Providers Assessment Task 1: Questionnaire about TCS
Assessing the TCS coverage of your country
- Are certificates available through Terena Certificate Service (TCS) in your country? (Is your country listed at http://www.terena.org/activities/tcs/participants.html?)
- If yes, contact the institute/company that provides TCS in your country and check that the information about the available certificate types is up to date on the on terena.org webpage.
- If the information is incorrect, what needs to be fixed?
- In order to obtain a "personal e-Science certificate" from TCS one has to be affiliated with an institute that is already part of the Terena Federation. Are those national institutes from which your NGI expects users part of the Terena federation? (e.g. univertisites, research institutes) In other words: can the researchers working at these potential EGI user institutes get personal e-Science certificates through TCS?
- What is the process to get a personal e-Science certificate from TCS in your country? (How complicated it is for a user to get a certificate? How complicated it is for an institution to join the TCS federation? What are the rules of joining the federation?)
- Who and how is paying for the TCS service? (e.g. NREN/institution/NGI)
- Does your NGI/NREN provide any service similar to the TCS (SLCS - Short Lived Certificate Service)?