VT Federated Identity Providers Assessment Task 1: Questionnaire about TCS

From EGIWiki
Revision as of 12:14, 22 December 2011 by Kouril (talk | contribs) (Assessing the TCS coverage of your country)
Jump to: navigation, search

Assessing the TCS coverage of your country

  1. Are certificates available through Terena Certificate Service (TCS) in your country? (Is your country listed at http://www.terena.org/activities/tcs/participants.html?)
    • If yes, contact the NREN/institute/company that provides TCS in your country and check that the information about the available certificate types is up to date on the on terena.org webpage.
    • If the information is incorrect, what needs to be fixed?
  2. In order to obtain a "personal e-Science certificate" from TCS one has to be affiliated with an institute that is part of the national identity federation and that has an Identity Provider which meets the requirements of the TCS personal e-Science certificate service. Are those national institutes from which your NGI expects users able to participate in TCS? (e.g. univertisites, research institutes) In other words: can the researchers working at these potential EGI user institutes get personal e-Science certificates through TCS?
  3. What is the process to get a personal e-Science certificate from TCS in your country? (How complicated it is for a user to get a certificate?)
    • Is there any "backup" solution available (e.g., a catch-all IdP to register users from not-federated institutions)?
  4. How complicated it is for an institution to join the federation and gain access to the TCS? What are the rules of joining the federation?
    • Who and how is paying for the TCS service? (e.g. NREN/institution/NGI)
  5. Does your NGI or NREN provide any service similar to the TCS (e.g. MICS - Member Integrated Credential Service, SLCS - Short Lived Certificate Service)?