VT Federated Identity Providers Assessment Task 1: Questionnaire about TCS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Assessing the TCS coverage of your country
The goal of the EGI Virtual Team on "Assessing
- Are certificates through the Terena Certificate Service (TCS) available in your country? (Is your country listed at http://www.terena.org/activities/tcs/participants.html?)
- If yes, contact the institute/company that provides TCS in your country and check that the information about the available certificate types is up to date on the on terena.org webpage.
- In order to obtain a "personal e-Science certificate" from TCS one has to be affiliated with an institute that is part of the Terena Federation of your country. Are the institutes from which your NGI expects users (e.g. univertisites, research institutes) part of the federation? Can the researchers working at these institutes get personal e-Science certificates through TCS?
- What is the actual process to get the certificate from TCS in your country? (How complicated it is for a user to get a certificate? How complicated it is for an institution to join the TCS federation?)
- Who and how is paying for the TCS service? (e.g. NREN/institution/NGI)
- Does your NGI/NREN provide any service similar to the TCS (SLCS - Short Lived Certificate Service)?