Difference between revisions of "VT Federated Identity Providers Assessment Task 1:Ireland"
Latest revision as of 10:15, 20 June 2015
|EGI Activity groups||Special Interest groups||Policy groups||Virtual teams||Distributed Competence Centres|
|EGI Virtual teams:||Main •||Active Projects •||Closed Projects •||Guidelines|
- Are personal e-Science certificates available through the Terena Certificate Service in your country?
- If yes, contact the NREN/institute/company that provides TCS in your country and check that the information about the available certificate types is up to date on the on the Terena webpage. If the information is in the list is incorrect, what needs to be fixed?
- If no, are there any plans to introduce the service (including timelines, obstacles identified, etc.)?
No. Other TCS services are available
The Terena webpage says "Personal: No" but https://certificates.heanet.ie/ claims "limited personal certificates" are supported via TCD.
See comments for some information on the "obstacles".
- In order to obtain a personal e-Science certificate from TCS, a user has to be affiliated with an institute that is part of the national identity federation and that has established an appropriate Subscriber Agreement. Please collect information about the institutes from which your NGI expects users (e.g. universities, research institutes) and indicate whether:
- are those institutes members of your country's identity federation,
- have those institutions signed the Subscriber Agreement with the NREN, i.e. whether they allow to issue TCS personal e-Science certificates to their members.
No. I believe they *do* use other TCS certs.
- What is the process to get a personal e-Science certificate from TCS in your country?
Not supported in Ireland.
- What are the rules for an institution in your country to join the identity federation and TCS?
- Is there any special fee that an institution pays for joining TCS and/or the identity federation?
- Does your NGI or NREN provide any service similar to the TCS? Please choose zero or more from the following and provide a brief description:
National grid CA is exploring possibility of using federated identity to populate user certificate request web form to classic CA, and possibly to support SLCS, portal and other services.
- Any comments you have to TCS utilization in your NGI
Many Irish IdPs cannot confirm "face-to-face" identity checking of entries in their identity db, and are probably unwilling to modify their procedures to meet the needs of TCS e-Science Personal. This makes these IdPs ineligible.