Difference between revisions of "VT EGI Pay-for-Use Technical Details"
(→Resource Providers, Services and Prices)
|Line 121:||Line 121:|
! scope="row" | NGI-IT
! scope="row" | NGI-IT
Revision as of 10:10, 11 February 2014
|Pay-For-Use menu:||Home •||Processes/Instructions •||Service/Price Overview •||Service Management •||Legal/Policy •||Actions •||Meetings •|
The following table provides an overview of the technical details of the resource and technology providers for the PoC.
Further below are instructions for adding pricing into the accounting mechanisms.
 All prices provided are interpreted as Euro per HEPSPEC06 hour.
Resource Providers, Services and Prices
|NGI/RC||GOCDB Name||Contact||Service Type||Services and Resources||Preferred Payment Direct/Indirect||Price |
|Albert Einstein Center, Univ. of Bern||UNIBE-LHEP||Batch via CENTOS 5/6 ARC CE
||Both||€0.03/hr; Storage free|
|Bulgaria Grid Portal||BG08-Madara||TBC||
|IFCA-IBERGRID||TBD||Batch (SLURM, SGE) or Cloud (FedCloud soon)||
€0.05/core/hour for usual instances
€0.04/core/hour for multicore use (>128 cores)
Minimal storage free, requests up to 100 TB high performance storage possible
|Institute of Informatics of the Slovak Academy of Sciences||IISAS-FedCloud||Cloud||
|Leibniz SC Centre||LRZ||Globus||
||Indirect||Price and capacity to be detailed later|
|MASTER-UP Srl||TBC||EMI1/2, CEs, WNs, SE||
||Direct||To be evaluated|
||Both||€0.06/hr + 19% VAT|
|NGI_GRNET||All HG-*||Cloud and Grid||
||TBC||€0.05/hr + 23% VAT|
||TBD||€0.07/hr + 21% VAT|
|PL-Grid||TBC||Cloud + Batch via Cream / EMI||
||Both||Capacity and price are a subject to negotiation|
|TUBITAK ULAKBIM||TR-10-ULAKBIM||Cloud + Batch||
||Both||€0.15/hour 8 core 24 GB instance|
|UIIP NASB||BY-UIIP||Cloud + Batch||
||Indirect||$0.077/hr (TBD) 1 Core|
Price in Accounting
To test the mechanism for turning your accounting into a monetary charge charging rate needs to be defined. During the pilot this will be one number for your site in euros/HS06 hour. The number does not have to be real but obviously a ballpark figure would be good as it would give more realistic pilot reports.
To define the charging rate the plan is to use a new feature of GOCDB which is known as ‘Key-Value Pair Property Bag Extensiblity Mechanism’. This allows the definition of arbitrary key-value pairs for a site or any service. If a community agrees a naming scheme for the keys and semantics for the values then they have a flexible and low overhead method of adding more information about anything defined in GOCDB. For anyone interested about more details this is documented here.
- If you do not have access rights to change features of your site please ask the site manager or a site admin to do it for you.
- Go to the test GOCDB https://gocdb-test.esc.rl.ac.uk/v5 which contains a copy of the production database. The same access rights apply but you will not change anything in the production database.
- Navigate to your site. (My Sites) at the top of the left hand sidebar.
- Just above the list of Services you should see a new box called 'Site Extension Properties'
- At the bottom of this box there is a big green plus titled 'Add Properties' – click on it
- This should show a window with two fields 'Property Name' and 'Property Value'
- For 'Property Name' insert TEST_CHARGE
- For 'Property Value' insert a real number which will be interpreted as euros per HEPSPEC06 Hour.
- Click the button 'Add Site Property'
- If you go back to the site view you will see TEST_CHARGE listed. You can edit or delete it.
Once you have done this we will query GOCDB to pull the values for the pilot sites and the accounting portal will join them with usage data to produce a charging report.