VT EGI Champions
General Project Information
- Leader: Steve Brewer, EGI.eu
- Mailing List:
- Status: planned
- Start Date: 21/05/2012
- End Date: 27/11/2012
- Meetings: see dedicated page
- To create a new role called 'EGI Champions'
- 'EGI Champions' will be individuals working at research centres across EGI's partners countries.
- They will typically be working in some capacity in the DCI-based research area and available to help others and promote the benefits of using the infrastructure.
- They will provide users and potential users with role models for grid usage
- To increase usage of the infrastructure at the level of end-users
- The UK NGS Campus Champions are an example of a role model for this concept - see link below for further information.
The expected outputs of this project are:
- The creation of a new support role - EGI Champion - and to have more than half of the NGIs identify named individuals for this role.
- Identify a number of individuals in various partner countries to act as the first phase of Champions to test out and demonstrate the role.
- To promote the Champions through EGI's internal and external communication channels (that is within the InSPIRE community and beyond)
- To create a support process for these champions. This could include defining roles and responsibilities as well as information packs and other resources.
- Define role of EGI Champion
- Create list of candidate Champions
- Recruit initial cohort of Champions
- Publicise EGI champion role
- Review activities of cohort after designated trial period (for example 6 weeks)
- Revise role definition and cohort if necessary
- Recruitment process for further cohort of Champions
- Publicise EGI champions
- Steve Brewer, EGI.eu
- Richard McLennan, EGI.eu
- See UK NGS Campus Champions as an example: Campus Champions
- Any other suggestions for examples of similar roles would be welcome.