- 1 News
- 2 Status
- 3 Technical Providers - Round table
- 4 Preview
- 5 UMD on CentOS 8
- 6 AOB
- EGI repositories handover in January 2021: provider moving from IASA to IBERGRID.
- The handover will be a complex operation due to the complexity of the repository workflows and technologies adopted. Handover preparation started with a regular meeting between IASA and IBERGRID and agreement said handover will occur in the first half of December 2020 in order to avoid the problematic end of year holiday.
- Last released planned for November 2020.
- During 2021 repositories will undergo a series of improvements, frontend and backend and a complete review of the procedures and workflows following a CI/CD approach.
- UMD4 released
- StoRM, VOMS, BDII update, dCache
- issue with VOMS-admin client https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=149698
- UMD 5 dry run for C7 OK
- UMD 5 dry run for C8 not yet performed
- cream-blah 1.23.0 (failed SR)
- cvmfs 2.7.5, cvmfs-config-egi-2.5, and egi-cvmfs-2-7
- arc6 6.8.1 (requires Xroot 5.0)
- xroot 5.0.2
- glite-info-update-endpoints 3.0.2
- apel-ssm 3.0.0
- ams-library 0.5.8
- storm 1.11.19 (centos6, centos7)
- bdii 5.2.26
- lcg-info 1.12.5
- glite-info-update-endpoints 3.0.2
- voms-admin-server 3.8.0 (centos7)
- voms-clients 2.0.15
- htcondor-ce 3.4.0 (UMD-5)
- htcondor 8.8.11 (UMD-5)
Under Staged Rollout
Ready to be Released
- davix 0.7.6
In Staged Rollout
Ready to be released
Technical Providers - Round table
New version of DPM (1.13.2) available in EPEL
Data management clients
gfal2 2.17.0 pushed to EPEL
New Major version of SOCI in EPEL7-testing (4.0.0). FTS rebuild needed, we are discussing with the maintainer about issues that we found.
We would need to release a new FTS build for C7 when SOCI 4 will be pushed to EPEL stable.
ARC 6.9 is planned for end of November. Will contain REST interface reworked technical preview.
The xrootd 5.0.3-2 update for EPEL 7 is in EPEL stable, and for EPEL 8 is in EPEL testing:
- EPEL 7: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-c8cf316036
- EPEL 8: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-e4af8091d4
The 5.0.3-2 version has the fix for the broken plugin version check backported.
In other news: xrootd is now available in Debian unstable: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xrootd
v1.7.3 will be released after StoRM and VOMS releases.
Started investigation on https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=147877
StoRM 1.11.20 not planned. We started working on Frontend's code optimization in order to avoid memory leaks. If there's no urgency on fixing some bug we'll start building and testing on CentOS 8.
VOMS 10-20 released. Post
The updated components are:
- VOMS Admin server 3.8.0
- VOMS Admin client 2.0.20
- VOMS clients 3.3.2
- VOMS Java APIs 3.3.2
- VOMS server 2.0.15
- VOMS C/C++ APIs 2.0.15
- VOMS MySQL plugin 3.1.7-2
With this release all VOMS components are now ported to CENTOS 7.
- released on 2020-10-09
- Preview 1.29.0 AppDB info (sl6): ARC 6.8.0 and 6.8.1, BDII 5.5.26, CVMFS 2.7.4, dCache 5.2.31, DMLite/DPM 1.14.0, frontier-squid 4.13.1, glite-info-update-endpoints 3.0.2, lcg-info 1.12.5, STORM 1.11.18
- Preview 2.29.0 AppDB info (CentOS 7): ARC 6.8.0 and 6.8.1, BDII 5.5.26, CVMFS 2.7.4, dCache 5.2.31, DMLite/DPM 1.14.0, frontier-squid 4.13.1, glite-info-update-endpoints 3.0.2, lcg-info 1.12.5, STORM 1.11.18
UMD on CentOS 8
- Plan to be defined with
- Technical Providers
- NGIs/sites (there was 1 request so far)
- UMD team (innovation in the process must be taken into consideration)
ARC finds it problematic that the ARC released in UMD is always so far behind the current newest release. We are considering to stop providing ARC for UMD.
The verification procedure for ARC - does it involve running ARC together with other relevant packages in the release to make sure compatibility is met?