- 1 News
- 2 Status
- 3 Technical Providers - Round table
- 4 Preview
- 5 UMD on CentOS 8
- 6 AOB
- urgent release needed https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=146169
- CMD 1.3.0 released in February http://repository.egi.eu/2020/02/18/release-cmd-os-1-3-0/ (cloud info provider, APEL, caso 1.4.0)
- product updates delayed
- planning the "next maor release" based on new technologies
- need: Dockerfiles, define tests.
- automating the SR (possible?)
- manual final verification is always needed
- argo-ams-library 0.5.1
- apel-ssm 2.4.1 (waiting for new documentation on how to configure argo-ams library: OK)
- storm 1.11.16 and 1.11.17
- htcondor-ce 3.4.0
- Xroot 4.12.0
- Arc 6.6.0
Under Staged Rollout
Ready to be Released
In Staged Rollout
Ready to be released
Technical Providers - Round table
New version of DPM (1.13.2) available in EPEL
Data management clients
gfal2 2.17.0 pushed to EPEL
New Major version of SOCI in EPEL7-testing (4.0.0). FTS rebuild needed, we are discussing with the maintainer about issues that we found.
We would need to release a new FTS build for C7 when SOCI 4 will be pushed to EPEL stable.
ARC 6.6.0 released and available in the Nordugrid repo: http://www.nordugrid.org/documents/arc6/common/repos/repository.html
Xrootd 5 has been released.
Updates for EPEL 7 and EPEL 8 are available in EPEL testing repos. These updates have the automatic push to stable after 14 days turned off.
- The old client library libXrdClient has been dropped (replacement: libXrdCl).
- The XrdSysDNS class is removed (replacement: XrdNetAddr)
- XrdPosixXrootd::setDebug() and some other deprecated methods in that class have been dropped.
For EPEL 7 there is an xrootd-compat package providing the old xrootd 4 libraries. It is parallel installable since the sonames have changed. The compat package does not provide any devel subpackages.
- EPEL 7: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-44ad46e846
- EPEL 8: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-296f3d7907
It is expected that the current xrootd 5.0.1 build in these updates will be replaced by a build of xrootd 5.0.2 before the updates are pushed to EPEL stable.
Compatibility testing with DPM/dmlite is ongoing. Some configuration compatibility glitches found will be addressed in xrootd 5.0.2.
No update to xrootd 5 is planned for EPEL 6. There is a new xrootd 4.12.4 available in EPEL testing for EPEL 6 though:
v1.7.3 will be released after StoRM and VOMS releases.
StoRM v1.11.18 NOT released by the end of June.
Still in progress:
- Bug fixing on StoRM WebDAV (TPC related)
- Test in progress for CentOS7 Backend (configured with Puppet) at CNAF-T1
- Documentation updates
- Release ASAP components with a brief guide on how to use Puppet module
- Improve related docs after release
Release v3.8.0 NOT released by the end of June. Tests in progress. Expected release: ASAP. Packages will be released also for CentOS 7.
- released on 2020-05-08
UMD on CentOS 8
- Plan to be defined with
- Technical Providers
- NGIs/sites (there was 1 request so far)
- UMD team (innovation in the process must be taken into consideration)
- Next meeting: July 13th https://indico.egi.eu/event/4895/