Goals and tasks of EGI training
The role of EGI training is to facilitate the uptake of EGI services by scientific communities within research and academia. The main activities of EGI training are:
- Operate a training programme through which members of EGI community as well as external partners can create, deliver, share, reuse and contribute with training content and events. The programme provides ‘glue’ and also facilitation for training activities conducted by Competence Centres, NGIs and partner projects (including e-infrastructure and Research Infrastructures), maximising the effectiveness and impact of training across countries and communities.
- Provisioning of a cloud based training e-infrastructure for both e-infrastructure training and domain (science discipline/project) specific training events
- Organising, delivering and contributing to the organisation of high-impact training events.
EGI training coordination and training activities are funded in various H2020 projects, primarily EGI-Engage, ENVRIplus. In the EGI-Engage project EGI.eu prepared a Deliverable, titled training pla, covering the March 2016-Feb 2017: https://documents.egi.eu/document/2810. The agendas of training coordination teleconferences for EGI-Engage training task members are here: http://indico.egi.eu/indico/categoryDisplay.py?categId=148
- Training events (future and past) are listed in the INDIGO system: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/category/114/
- Upcoming events are also published on the EGI Website: : https://www.egi.eu/events/egi-training-events/
- Webinars: Further information about webinars with guest presenters is available at https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/EGI_Webinar_Programme.
The EGI community operates a cloud based infrastructure for training. The infrastructure can host Virtual Machines and datasets for hands-on exercises. The infrastructure can be booked by any training for face-to-face or online events, demonstrations, Webinars and self-paced learning courses. The infrastructure is open also for non-EGI members. Further information and usage examples: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Training_infrastructure