< ToolsJump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Documentation menu:||Home •||Manuals •||Procedures •||Training •||Other •||Contact ►||For:||VO managers •||Administrators|
Back to Troubleshooting Guide
globus-job-run returns nothing
$ globus-job-run some-CE.domain/jobmanager-lcglsf -q queue /usr/bin/whoami $
The command returns nothing, it does not hang and exits with status 0.
This can happen for at least these reasons:
- The user has no permission to submit to the given queue. See Unspecified_gridmanager_error.
- The job manager is of "lcg" flavor (lcgcondor, lcglsf, lcgpbs, lcgsge) and the queue name is misspelled and it happens to be a substring of any existing queue name. For example, if the intended queue is "dteam", the command will return nothing if the queue argument is given as "tea".
- In /opt/globus/lib/perl/Globus/GRAM/JobManager/lcglsf.pm lines like these:
$bsub = '/usr/share/lsf/6.2/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86/bin/bsub'; $bjobs = '/usr/share/lsf/6.2/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86/bin/bjobs'; $bkill = '/usr/share/lsf/6.2/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86/bin/bkill'; $bacct = '/usr/share/lsf/6.2/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86/bin/bacct'; $bmod = '/usr/share/lsf/6.2/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86/bin/bmod';
- may need to be replaced with lines like these:
my $LSF = ". /etc/profile.d/lsf.sh; " . "/usr/local/lsf/6.2/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86/bin"; $bsub = "$LSF/bsub"; $bjobs = "$LSF/bjobs"; $bkill = "$LSF/bkill"; $bacct = "$LSF/bacct"; $bmod = "$LSF/bmod";
- to give the LSF commands the environment they need. Note that on an LCG-CE the globus-job-manager-marshal and globus-gma daemons need to be restarted when such changes are made. If the change fixes the problem, the same changes must be put in /opt/globus/setup/globus/lcglsf.in so that they will be preserved when the CE is reconfigured.