Software Vulnerability Group (SVG)
The purpose of the EGI Software Vulnerability Group is to eliminate existing vulnerabilities from the deployed infrastructure, primarily from the grid middleware, prevent the introduction of new ones and prevent security incidents
- Terms of Reference (draft)
Main Tasks of the EGI Software Vulnerability Group
- Provide an efficient process to report, handle, and resolve software vulnerabilities found in middleware.
This is expected to be the largest activity of the EGI SVG.
- Provide consultation on software vulnerabilities to the CSIRT team and other EGI groups.
- Collaborate with other partners to assess software provided in the EGI Unified Middleware Distribution and to look for vulnerabilities.
- Encourage developers to write secure code, thus reducing the likelihood of future problems, by education and awareness.