Resource Allocation for Provider
This is page describing activities of providerduring Resource Allocation process.
Provider edits OLA document. On the Figure there is schema presenting OLA document flow between parties (P - provider, B - broker) and available states.
1. Pool creation
Pool Creation activity is a preparatory step in which Provider declares size and type of resources and time span when they will be available to Resource Allocation process. All the metrics and declared type of pool should be defined.
This procedure is valid only for adding new pool to EGI Resource Allocation process.
The pool record is visible in e-GRANT tool.
- Provider wants to add resources to Resource Allocation process.
- Provider can add resources to Pool description
- Provider can edit pool (modify metrics) in Pool description
- Provider can accept Pool description and make it available to Broker
Short film [TODO]
2. OLA (re)negotiation
Note: PARTY is the actor who operates the procedure; OTHER PARTY means: P in case B runs the actions, or B in case P runs the actions;
- OLA are IN-NEGOTIATION and proposal was received from OTHER PARTY
- PARTY can agree on the proposal; then the OLA is set AGREED
- PARTY can reject the proposal; then the OLA is set to CANCELLED
- PARTY can send a new proposal (offer changes); then the OLA remains in IN-NEGOTIATION, the new proposal is sent to OTHER PARTY
link do work instr
3. OLA confirmation/rejection
This procedure is valid only for the right-to-revoke scenario.
In case of no action, OLA is made AGREED automatically after revoke period.
- OLA is in the state AGREED-REVOKABLE
- Provider can confirm OLA, which makes OLA AGREED
- Provider can reject OLA, which makes OLA CANCELLED
- Provider can propose changes to the OLA, which makes OLA IN-NEGOTIATION and proposal is sent to B