Regional Operator on Duty welcome
Welcome on board!
Dear ROD member,
this page was created to help you to start with ROD duties. We will show you briefly what you should do to prepare yourself to act as a ROD.
First, in section "How to become a ROD member" we will describe steps which needs to be taken before you start your work. In section "ROD duties" you will find all the tasks that make up the ROD duties. Section "Documentation"states a short introduction of all documents which concern this activity. Under "Tools" section will be described all tools used by ROD teams. Finelly, "Contact" section is going to inform you how to contact others.
How to become a ROD member
There are few actions which needs to be taken before you start your work:
- Get a valid grid certificate delivered by cerfitication authorities - this step is important because most of the tools used during the shift require certificate
- Register to Dteam VO - Dteam membership will give you possibility to test sites and debug problems.
- Register into GGUS tool as support staff - GGUS is a ticketing system which is used for operational purpose within EGI. With support staff role you will be able to reply on and update recorded tickets.
- Register in GOC DB tool - GOC DB is a central database which contains all the information about EGI grid infrastructure (sites and people). To be ROD members you have to be recoreded in this database. It will allows you to perform step 5.
- Request the Regional Staff role in the GOC DB - Thanks to this role you will be recognized automatically in operations tools as ROD member. It gives you a several privilages in the database as well as in other tools.
- Contact your NGI manager - you need to contact your NGI manager to be approved in GOC DB as Regional Staff and to be added to ROD mailing list in your NGI (this mailing list is a contact point to the whole ROD team within the NGI).
- Get familiar with the ROD wiki page - ROD wiki page is a single place where you will find all information relevant to your work as a ROD.
To see how to perform all those actions please watch video How to become a ROD member (7 steps which should be done to become a ROD member also )
contact do all rod teams
conatct to COD