Regional Operator on Duty
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Infrastructure Operations Oversight menu:||Home •||EGI.eu Operations Team •||Regional Operators (ROD)|
- ROD (Regional Operator on Duty) is a role which oversees the smooth operation of Grid infrastructure in the respective NGI. ROD team is responsible for solving problems on the infrastructure within own Operations Centre according to agreed procedures. They ensure that problems are properly recorded and progress according to specified time lines. They ensure that necessary information is available to all parties. The team is provided by each Operations Centre and requires procedural knowledge on the process. The role is usually covered by a team or people and is provided by each NGI. Depending on how an NGI is organised there might be a number of members inthe ROD team who work on duty roster (shifts on a daily or weekly basis), or there may be one person working as ROD on a daily basis and a few deputies who take over the responsibilities when necessary. This latter model is generally more suitable for small NGIs.
- In this text, the acronym ROD will be used both for the whole team, or for the person who is actually working on shift.
- In order to become a ROD member, one first needs to go through the steps described in Joining operations.
- The following text describes the duties that ROD (teams) are responsible for.
- A list describing ROD duties.
- Information on how to deal with alarms raised in the Dashboard and how to generate and deal with tickets.
- How downtimes are managed.
The list of people responsible for NGI oversight and contact points can be found in Operations Portal. To contact with all ROD teams can be used following mailing list where are subscribed all RODs' mailing lists:
- all-operator-on-duty AT mailman.egi.eu
- Communication channels for ROD to Sites and to management.
- How ROD should deal with security issues.
Manuals and procedures
In this section are linked manuals and procedures which RODs should be familiar with:
- 1. How to become a ROD member - 7 steps which should be done to become a ROD member
- 2. Operations tools - brief introduction of operations tools which a ROD mamber needs to perform duties
- 3. How to handle alarms - an instruction how to manage alarms on the Operations Portal (ticket creation from an alarm, closing and masking alarms)
- 4. How to handle tickets - an instruction how to manage tickets on the Operations Portal (ticket creation, updating and closing tickets)
- 5. Issues escalated to COD - an introduction of cases which are escalated to COD and how to deal with
- 6. Operations portal tools - a brief introduction of the Operations Portal tools
A ROD Newsletter is periodically released since December 2010 to consolidate the Grid oversight teams (central and local ones). The purpose of this newsletter is to inform about recent and upcoming developments related to Grid Oversight and to show the support performance indicators during the month. It is issued every month and the information about new releases is sent to all RODs mailing list and to NGI managers.
The newsletters may be found at: https://documents.egi.eu/public/ShowDocument?docid=298
This section is created to collect all ROD presentations which took place on f2f meetings.
Technical Forum 2012
Technical Forum 2011
User Forum 2011
EGI technical Forum 2010
ROD teams workshop Jun 2010