Pool Allocation For Providers
In order to proceed with resource allocation process, the resource pools have to be created in the system.
Resource Provider can create the pool in resource allocation tool e-GRANT.
1. Log in to e-GRANT.
- Enter the site: e-GRANT
- Choose option: "Log in through GOCDB" (Resource Provider should have NGI Manager or Site Manager Role in GOCDB)
2. Choose "Pool" on top-left menu.
3. Choose "Create new pool" on top-right corner.
4. Set general pool properties
- Pool Type (free hand, rightto revoke, negotiation)More information
- Quality of Service (Opportunistic, Time allocation, Reservation) More information
- Local Polices (information about supported middlewares is required)
- Select Entity (site which will deliver resources)
When ready, click on "Save" button
5. Edit pool details (all metrics should be filled in)
- Enter start and end dates when pool will be available in the system
- Set basic metrics.
There is (i) info context help, but you can also check Resource Allocation Metrics Descripion page
5a. If you choose "Opportunistic" quality of service type, you will have 2 additional metrics
6. When ready, choose "Save pool" butto.
7. The new pool should be visible in the "Pool" list
8. Please i'nform EGI RA pool that the new pool has been added (validation) via resource-allocation-support AT mailman.egi.eu'