Pool Allocation For Providers
In order to proceed with resource allocation process, the resource pools have to be created in the system.
Resource Provider can create the pool in resource allocation tool e-GRANT.
- Log in to e-GRANT. Enter the site: https://egira.cyfronet.pl/slaneg/auth and choose the option: "Log in through GOCDB" (Resource Provider should have Site Manager Role in GOCDB)
- On top menu click on "Pool" button
- On the top-right click on "Create new pool" button.
- Set general pool properties
- Quality of Service (Opportunistic, Time allocation, Reservation) wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Resource_Pool
- Pool Type (free hand, right to revoke, negotiation). General description: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Resource_Pool
- Local Polices (information about supported middlewares is required)
- Select Entity (site which deliver resources)
- When ready, click on "Save" button
- Edit pool details (all metrics should be filled)
- Enter start and end dates when pool will be available in the system
- Set basics metrics. There is "i" info context help, but you can also consult https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Resource_Allocation_Request_Metrics_Description
- If you choose "Opportunistic" quality of service type, you will have 2 additional metrics
- When ready, click on "Save pool" button
- The new pool should be seen in the "Pool" list
- Inform EGI RA pool that the new pool has been added (validation). Mail to resource-allocation-support mailman.egi.eu]