Difference between revisions of "Operations/Resource Allocation"

From EGIWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 3: Line 3:
'''DEADLINE for reply: 07 September 2012'''  
'''DEADLINE for reply: 07 September 2012'''  


{| cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="1" style="border-collapse: collapse; border:1px solid black; text-align:center;" class="wikitable"
{| cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="1" class="wikitable" style="border-collapse: collapse; border:1px solid black; text-align:center;"
!NGI
!Resource Allocation Policy and applicable VOs
!Does the NGI own resources?
!Comments
|-
|-
| Example: NGI_XY
! NGI
| 10% of the resources in each NGI site is allocated to Life Science VOs. This amount increases to 20% in site XY. All other disciplines access the remaining 80% of the provided capacity.
! Resource Allocation Policy and applicable VOs
| The NGI owns a pool of 500 cores and 10 TB to be allocated to VOs according to the NGI priorities.
! Does the NGI own resources?
! Comments
|-
| Example: NGI_XY  
| 10% of the resources in each NGI site is allocated to Life Science VOs. This amount increases to 20% in site XY. All other disciplines access the remaining 80% of the provided capacity.  
| The NGI owns a pool of 500 cores and 10 TB to be allocated to VOs according to the NGI priorities.  
| The policy expresses a recommendation but is not enforced at site level.
| The policy expresses a recommendation but is not enforced at site level.
|-
|-
|AsiaPacific
| AsiaPacific  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|Austria
| Austria  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|CERN
| CERN  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|Denmark
| Denmark  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|Estonia
| Estonia  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|Latvia
| Latvia  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|Lithuania
| Lithuania  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_AEGIS
| NGI_AEGIS  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_ARMGRID
| NGI_ARMGRID  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_BA
| NGI_BA  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_BG
| NGI_BG  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_BY
| NGI_BY  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_CH
| NGI_CH  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_CYGRID
| NGI_CYGRID  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_CZ
| NGI_CZ  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_DE
| NGI_DE  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_FI
| NGI_FI  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_FRANCE
| NGI_FRANCE  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_GE
| NGI_GE  
|Taking into account still low demand there is no need in Resource Allocation Policy.  
| Taking into account still low demand there is no need in Resource Allocation Policy.  
|The NGI owns 12 cores and 1 TB storage resource.  
| The NGI owns 12 cores and 1 TB storage resource.  
|According to the project submitted to the National Science Foundation we are planning to upgrade existing infrastructure and attract new users, after that we will implement Resource Allocation Policy.
| According to the project submitted to the National Science Foundation we are planning to upgrade existing infrastructure and attract new users, after that we will implement Resource Allocation Policy.
|-
|-
|NGI_GRNET
| NGI_GRNET  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_HR
| NGI_HR  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_HU
| NGI_HU  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_IE
| NGI_IE  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_IL
| NGI_IL  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_IT
| NGI_IT  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_MARGI
| NGI_MARGI  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_MD
| NGI_MD  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_ME
| NGI_ME  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_NL
| NGI_NL  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_PL
| NGI_PL  
|
| Resources can be allocated only for research done in association with Polish science, which includes international VOs with Polish participation. Resource Allocation is done based on SLAs negotiated with national VO representatives (usually Polish member of this VO). The SLA specifies allocation at sites. In case when new national VO representative need to be established they should contact NGI_PL through either GGUS or Helpdesk@plgrid.pl.
|
| The resources are owned by sites, however the NGI coordinates and has some influence on allocation in a pool of 25 000 cores and 1 PB of storage space.
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_RO
| NGI_RO  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_SI
| NGI_SI  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_SK
| NGI_SK  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|NGI_TR
| NGI_TR  
| 80% of the resources in TR-03-METU site is allocated to CMS VO, 80% of the resources in TR-10-ULAKBIM site is allocated to ATLAS VO, 80% of the resources in TR-01-ULAKBIM site is allocated to local VOs. All other disciplines except these can access the remaining 20% of the provided capacities in related sites.
| 80% of the resources in TR-03-METU site is allocated to CMS VO, 80% of the resources in TR-10-ULAKBIM site is allocated to ATLAS VO, 80% of the resources in TR-01-ULAKBIM site is allocated to local VOs. All other disciplines except these can access the remaining 20% of the provided capacities in related sites.  
| The NGI owns a pool of 12000 cores and 1.2 PB to be allocated to VOs according to the NGI priorities.
| The NGI owns a pool of 12000 cores and 1.2 PB to be allocated to VOs according to the NGI priorities.  
| NGI_TR infrastructure is supported by Ministry of Development this year and will be supported in the next three years.
| NGI_TR infrastructure is supported by Ministry of Development this year and will be supported in the next three years.
|-
|-
|NGI_UA
| NGI_UA  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|NGI_UK
|
|
|
|
|-
|-
|NGI_ZA
| NGI_UK
|
|
|
|  
|
|  
|  
|-
|-
|Norway
| NGI_ZA
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|Portugal
| Norway
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|Spain
| Portugal
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|Sweden
| Spain
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|ROC_Canada
| Sweden
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|-
|-
|ROC_IGALC
| ROC_Canada
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|ROC_LA
| ROC_IGALC
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|
|  
|-
|-
|Russia
| ROC_LA
|
|
|
|  
|
|  
|  
|-
|-
| Russia
|
|
|
|}
|}

Revision as of 09:36, 10 August 2012

Main EGI.eu operations services Support Documentation Tools Activities Performance Technology Catch-all Services Resource Allocation Security



DEADLINE for reply: 07 September 2012

NGI Resource Allocation Policy and applicable VOs Does the NGI own resources? Comments
Example: NGI_XY 10% of the resources in each NGI site is allocated to Life Science VOs. This amount increases to 20% in site XY. All other disciplines access the remaining 80% of the provided capacity. The NGI owns a pool of 500 cores and 10 TB to be allocated to VOs according to the NGI priorities. The policy expresses a recommendation but is not enforced at site level.
AsiaPacific
Austria
CERN
Denmark
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania
NGI_AEGIS
NGI_ARMGRID
NGI_BA
NGI_BG
NGI_BY
NGI_CH
NGI_CYGRID
NGI_CZ
NGI_DE
NGI_FI
NGI_FRANCE
NGI_GE Taking into account still low demand there is no need in Resource Allocation Policy. The NGI owns 12 cores and 1 TB storage resource. According to the project submitted to the National Science Foundation we are planning to upgrade existing infrastructure and attract new users, after that we will implement Resource Allocation Policy.
NGI_GRNET
NGI_HR
NGI_HU
NGI_IE
NGI_IL
NGI_IT
NGI_MARGI
NGI_MD
NGI_ME
NGI_NL
NGI_PL Resources can be allocated only for research done in association with Polish science, which includes international VOs with Polish participation. Resource Allocation is done based on SLAs negotiated with national VO representatives (usually Polish member of this VO). The SLA specifies allocation at sites. In case when new national VO representative need to be established they should contact NGI_PL through either GGUS or Helpdesk@plgrid.pl. The resources are owned by sites, however the NGI coordinates and has some influence on allocation in a pool of 25 000 cores and 1 PB of storage space.
NGI_RO
NGI_SI
NGI_SK
NGI_TR 80% of the resources in TR-03-METU site is allocated to CMS VO, 80% of the resources in TR-10-ULAKBIM site is allocated to ATLAS VO, 80% of the resources in TR-01-ULAKBIM site is allocated to local VOs. All other disciplines except these can access the remaining 20% of the provided capacities in related sites. The NGI owns a pool of 12000 cores and 1.2 PB to be allocated to VOs according to the NGI priorities. NGI_TR infrastructure is supported by Ministry of Development this year and will be supported in the next three years.
NGI_UA
NGI_UK
NGI_ZA
Norway
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
ROC_Canada
ROC_IGALC
ROC_LA
Russia