NGI-VO WN tests
The Worker Node (WN) released in gLite 3.2 will be supported for security updates until September 2012.
- During the coming months the gLite WNs will need to be updated to the EMI-WN released in UMD1, or UMD2 (expected for the UMD2.1 update)
- The main changes in the upgrade are the path to the client libraries. The EMI-WN aligned the libraries path to the linux standard locations, if the job's code has the library path hard coded needs to be corrected.
- Changes in the execution environment of user's payload may affect the code executed by the job, and in general for VOs is useful to have their code tested vs more recent releases of the WN
NGIs are strongly suggested to provide to the supported VOs the possibility to run their code on EMI-WNs. If no sites have EMI-WN in production a possible solution could be:
- Choose one or more site and ask the Site Managers to install a couple of EMI-WN, set up a new queue in the CE to submit jobs to those WN
- Enable the queue for the VOs supported by the NGI
- The queue does not need to support the ops VO
- Coordinate with the VO Managers, in order to have some jobs running on those WNs
- Summarize the results in the table
|NGI||VOs who tested successfully the EMI-WN||VOs who tested the EMI-WN with issues||Comments|
|NGI_CZ||ATLAS, ALICE, Auger, VOCE, MPI||N/A|